ASUS AC5300 and AC88U Router Review
Published: 14th January 2016 | Source: ASUS | Price: £299.99 and £399.95 |
Both the AC5300 and the AC88U support a feature called Adaptive QOS, which is feature which is very important for gamers. Using adaptive QOS (Quality of Service) allows you to limit the bandwidth available to certain devices and can be used to prioritize gaming packets, making low latency gaming a simple task.
When combined with the router's built in Bandwidth monitor ASUS allows you to have a great deal of control over your router, enabling you to limit the bandwidth use of heavy users or certain devices on your network.
Security is a very important aspect to every home network and is certainly something that starts with your router. ASUS has teamed up with Trend Micro in order to block known malicious websites and can block harmful content before it even reaches your PC, which is a very helpful feature.
ASUS has built in a lot of security features into your router, allowing it to lock out infected PC or to block certain websites.
The router can also be used to create a guest network, allowing you to give someone limited access to your home network, preventing anyone from accessing your network without your permission.
- Router security scan: scans your router for any security vulnerabilities and recommends options for improving protection.
- Malicious site blocking: restricts access to known malicious websites in the Trend Micro database for always-up-to-date protection.
- Infected device detection and blocking: prevents infected devices from communicating personal information and/or infected status to external parties.
- Vulnerability protection: protects the router against common internet-based attacks and exploits.
- Web and app filters: Keyword and URL filters to block access to unwanted websites and apps.
- Time scheduling: schedule time limits for specific guest accounts and devices.
Advanced parental controls help you to prevent users from visiting inappropriate websites, for example keeping young children safe from viewing adult content. You can also restrict the times that each device or guest account can access the internet, by applying scheduled time limits.