Aria Gladiator Punisher System Review
Pre-built systems are starting to become financially viable again. Whereas a few short years ago if you were looking for anything remotely capable of playing something more demanding than Freecell, you usually had to pay through the nose to achieve it. Even then it was usually the case that an element of the system was expensive to give the big in-store advertising something to shout about, but the rest of the system was pretty sub-standard.
Thankfully with the sheer amount of performance you can get from good value options, the days of £2000+ systems, whilst still around, are no longer the norm.
We've looked at some Aria.co.uk bundles before, and found them to provide exceptional value for money. So today we're looking at the latest in their Gladiator range, the Gladiator Punisher. A relative snip at £999, it's stuffed with some excellent hardware choices.
You only have to glance down the specifications to see how much thought and little compromise has gone into the Gladiator Punisher. The excellent i5-3570K provides the backbone, and continues the excellent i5 performance we saw in the i5-2500K. Aria have overclocked the CPU to 4.3GHz, which is a perfect compromise of speed and stability. More importantly in such a small case as the BitFenix Prodigy, it wont pump out too much heat, and the Corsair H80i balances cooling ability and noise very well.
Elsewhere there are many choice bits. The Samsung 840 is one of the faster SSD's on the market, and the 120GB capacity is enough to hold the majority of your applications and favourite games. The Seagate Barracuda provides media storage, and the 8GB of Corsair RAM, whilst not the speediest on the block, is enough to ensure things never slow down.
Finally the XFX HD7870 Tahiti LE is one of the best price/performance GPUs around and with some sensible image quality choices will be able to run even the most demanding games in a smooth fashion.
• Pre-installed Microsoft Windows 8 64-Bit
• Overclocking: Intel i5 professionally Overclocked to 4.30GHz
• 3rd Generation Intel Core (Ivy Bridge) i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor
• AMD Radeon HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2048MB GDDR5 DirectX 11 Graphics
• 8GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3 (2x4096MB) Dual-Channel Memory (16GB Supported)
• 120GB Samsung 840 Series SATA 6GB/s (SATA-III) Solid State Drive (85,000 IOPS) - OS & Applications
• 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6GB/s (SATA-III) Hard Drive - Storage
• Intel Z77 Express Chipset Motherboard - Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 & RAID 10
• 600W Corsair Builder Series CX600M 80PLUS Bronze Modular Power Supply
• BitFenix Prodigy 'Yang' Black/White Mini-ITX Gaming Case
• Corsair Hydro H80i Water-Cooling CPU Cooler
• DVDRW Dual Layer DVD Rewriter (m-Disk Support) 24x DVD±R
• Onboard 2/4/5.1/7.1 Channel High Definition Audio
• 300Mbps Wireless N Adapter (Wi-Fi)
• Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
- Rigorously tested at 100% CPU workload & 90% memory workload for 18 hours continuous to ensure complete stability.
- Shipped with full packaging protection.
- Full 12 month warranty.
- Telephone technical support on call 5-days a week.
- All driver CDs, periphery items and manuals provided.