Tagan Easycon XL 700w TG700-U35 PSU
Published: 17th October 2006 | Source: Tagan | Price: |
If you are in the market for a high-wattage modular power supply then the Tagan Easycon XL should certainly be on your shortlist. Packing more power and managing to outperform any of the modular units we've tested to date here at Overclock3D, the TG700-U35 sets new standards on how modular PSU's should perform.
The voltage stability of the TG700-U35 was excellent, actually increasing the voltages under load. This looks to be a new feature from Tagan and ensures that your high-end graphics cards and other components are never starved of juice.
Issues with the TG700-U35 were minimal. In fact my only major gripe with the unit was its overly long modular plugs that added several centimetres extra to the units overall length. The unit did also fall slightly short of our expectations in the efficiency department, managing just under 80% on our test equipment, placing the unit a little lower than some other PSU's we've tested recently.
The TG700-U35 is currently in limited supply here in the UK, but thankfully can be found over at Specialtech for a competitive price of £108.
• No voltage droop under load (actually increased).
• Silent operation.
• Plenty of cables and connectors.
• Shielded / twisted cables for cleaner power.
• Well designed modular cable system.
• Adjustable pots (for voltage adjustments).
• Attractive packaging that could serve other purposes.
• Full support for older ATX standards.
• Modular plugs add extra length to unit.
• Efficiency results slightly lower than expected
Thanks to Tagan for providing this unit for review.
Discuss this review in our forums.