Tagan 2-Force II TG700-U33 700w PSU
Published: 2nd August 2007 | Source: Tagan | Price: |
Having reviewed several Tagan PSU's in the past, including the TG700-U35, TG1100-U95 and several units from Tagan's entry-level brand 'SilverPower', it goes without saying that Tagan and its subsidiary brands certainly have a reputation for making some of the best power supplies on the market.
Recently, Tagan refreshed it's PSU line-up and added several new and exciting models including the U26, U88 and of course the U33 that we are going to be looking at today. All of these models boast improvements in both performance, noise levels and looks over their predecessors, along with Tagan's usual level of reliability backed by a 3 year warranty.
The following information has been taken from the specifications PDF available at Maxpoint's website:
• Compliant with Intel EPS12V V2.91, standard ATX V2.2 and downward versions with four independent +12V rails.
• Four independent +12V rails provide different devices individual power, thus making the system more stable.
• Universal main board compatibility due to 20+4 pin main power as well as 4-pin & 8-pin +12V power connectors.
• One 6PIN & one 6+2PIN PCI Express connectors support NVIDIA SLI and ATI Crossfire graphic cards.
• Less heat and less noise due to 80% efficiency. This saves electricity and making it an economical and ecological solution.
• One PCI-Express 6PIN and one 6+2PIN cables with REMI technology (ferrite core and cable shielding) reduces up to 50% of ripple and noise.
• Up to 14 IDE and SATA connectors are available for top level usage. Therefore, perfect for home-, office-, gaming- and server-usage.
• „TURBO“ mode switch can integrate all six separate +12V-rails into one single common rail with more DC power output.
• Perfect cooling and silence solution due to the 8cm push-pull fans together with the super-big heat sink inside and the bottom mesh cover design.
• Thermal fan control TSCT (Tagan Silence Control Technology) automatically adjusts fan speed to lowest noise (under 30dBA at max. load) with perfect cooling.
• Black mesh and copper-shielded cables help user to optimize airflow and makes the cables short-circuit-proof.
• OVP (Over Voltage Protection) and OCP (Over Current Protection) functions help to protect all electronical devices.
• Universal AC input range for all countries: 100~240VAC with active PFC for better electricity performance and flexibility.
• Big anti-vibration rubber for the back side avoids vibration and reduces noise.
• Unique ground wire with golden pin releases static electricity and interferences from connected devices.
From the specifications above, we can see that the TG700-U33 supports all of the latest standards including an 8-Pin PCI-E connector. In keeping with the previous "2-Force" series, the unit also features a "Turbo Mode" which essentially combines all four of the +12v rails into a single rail. This can be useful when running a system configuration where the components connected to one of the +12v rails exceeds the rated output (in this case 20A).