PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750w CrossFire Edition ATX PSU
Published: 28th August 2007 | Source: PC Power & Cooling | Price: £130 |
Having reviewed both the TC1KW and the S75EPS back in 2006 I was extremely interested to see what changes, if any, had been made to the PC Power & Cooling lineup since their partnership with OCZ.
First and foremost, the S75CF offers great voltage stability, with no rail fluctuating more than 0.11v and all rails remaining within their 'ideal' voltages. In addition to this the efficiency of the S75CF is one of the best we've seen here at Overclock3D, managing 83.43% at 443w load and a highly impressive 84.08% at 766w load. Topping off the package is some very sexy "Ferrari Red" paintwork designed for the ATI enthusiasts or indeed anybody who fancies a break away from the boring matt black units we are all too familiar with.
Priced at around £130, the S75CF is close to the top end of the price range for a ~750w unit, but as we always say "you get what you pay for". Unfortunately none of our recommended retailers stock the unit at present, but we hope for this to change in the near future.
So in summary, the PCP&C Silencer 750 CrossFire Edition is every bit as good as its predecessors offering not only voltage stability but efficiency, looks; and thanks to OCZ's global distribution networks, better value for money.
• Top performance with excellent voltage stability.
• Impressive 84% efficiency offers savings on those dreaded electricity bills.
• 'Crossfire' version comes complete with sexy Ferrari red paintwork.
• Single +12v rail ensures you'll never have problems with uneven load across multiple rails.
• Extremely silent at 0% and 50% load levels.
• Noise levels at 100% load may not be acceptable to those who seek total silence.
• Price a little higher than most manufacturers, but the quality is worth every penny.
• Nothing to report.
Thanks to PC Power & Cooling for making this review possible. Discuss this review in our forums.