PC Power & Cooling 1kw Turbo-Cool TC1KW PSU
Published: 19th May 2006 | Source: PC Power & Cooling | Price: |
The following specification has been taken in most part from the PC Power & Cooling website:
Developed to power next-gen graphics and ultra high-end servers, the Turbo-Cool® 1KW delivers 1000 watts (one kilowatt) of continuous, rock-solid power with a peak of 1100 watts! Built with three independent AC-DC power modules, the Turbo-Cool® 1KW is an efficient, amazingly quiet, EPS12V/SLI power supply with 66A (70A peak) of 12VDC in a form factor that fits most ATX cases. Truly, the ultimate computer power supply!
- 1KW Continuous (1.1KW Peak) @ 50°C
- Fits Std. ATX Cases (20” min. depth)
- +12VDC Rails Total 66A (70A Peak)
- High Efficiency with .99 Power Factor
- Rock-Solid, Super-Clean DC Output
- Amazingly Quiet Cooling System
- Dual PCI Express Video Connectors
- 15 Drive Connectors (incl. 6 SATA)
- EPS12V and nVidia SLI certified
- 5-Year Warranty; Unbeatable Support
The most impressive specification about this power supply is its ability to produce 36a on the +12v3 rail, which in this model is dedicated to PCI-E graphics cards and hard disk drives / molexes.
I can confidently say that the Turbo-Cool 1kw will have no problems powering any kind of SLI / Crossfire rig or servers with large RAID arrays with ease.
PC Power & Cooling do produce other versions of the Turbo-Cool 1kw, in which the +12v3 rail is used for PCI-E connectors only, and is actually Quad-SLI compatible.