Antec Phantom 500w Silent PSU
Published: 11th August 2006 | Source: Antec | Price: |
The following information has been shamelessly copied from Antec's website:
* ATX12V version 2.01 compliant with 24-and-20-pin adapter connector with detachable 4-pin section for 20-pin for backward compatibility with older motherboards
* Dual +12V outputs, with dedicated circuits to isolate the CPU power line from peripherals.
* Hybrid fan design
* Exceptional power efficiency up to 85% (US version) at full load
* 4 Serial ATA power connectors
* PCI-E graphic card power connector
* Fanless operation for absolutely silent computing. Three user selectable fan kick-in points for quiet computing under higher loads: 40, 47.5, or 55 degrees C.
* Specially designed internal heatsinks and chassis heatsink for maximum heat dissipation
* ATX12V v2.0 compliance and ultra-high-efficiency design (up to 82%) allows Phantom to generate up to 70% less heat and consume 25% less power than standard PSU's saving you money on your electric bill
* Power Factor value greater than 90% (EU only)
* Gold plated connector for superior conductivity
Weighing in at 3.1kg, this is a very heavy unit for its size. Most of the weight comes from the massive surface area of aluminium fins that dissipate heat, helping to cool the unit.