Kingston HyperX PC3-11000 CL7 DDR3 2gb Kit
With new DDR3 kits hitting the market on an almost daily basis, it's an unfortunate fact that the Kingston HyperX PC3-11000 CL7 kit has already been superseded by insanely fast PC3-14400 and PC3-16000 kits. In fact, shortly after we started this review, Kingston refreshed their DDR3 HyperX lineup, adding a PC3-11000 CL5 rated kit. However, taking into consideration that the KHX11000D3LLK2 HyperX kit on review today is the first DDR3 release by Kingston, the 97mhz overclock obtained on the modules by relaxing the timings to 9-9-9-25 is certainly not a bad result.
Priced at ~£280 from retailers such as CCL Online, the Kingston kit is very well priced when compared to similar offerings from Corsair and OCZ. Unfortunately availability in the UK is limited at present, but for those of us in the USA the HyperX kit can be obtained from Kingston's very own shop.
• Competitive pricing compared to similar kits from other manufacturers.
• Reasonable performance at stock and overclocked settings.
• Ability to tighten timings slightly to 6-7-7-20.
• Reasonable 97mhz overclock obtained by loosening timings.
• Does not respond very well to additional voltage.
• Limited UK availability.
Thanks to Kingston for making this review possible. Discuss this review in our forums.