SteelSeries Diablo III Mouse and Headset Review
Introduction and Technical Specifications
Published: 23rd December 2011 | Source: SteelSeries | Price: |
If you have even a passing interest in gaming then you're bound to have played Blizzard's excellent Diablo 2. A role-playing game distilled down to its essence, all about dungeon crawling and loot. We all like loot.
Considering that Diablo 2 is still played by large numbers of people it's not a great surprise to find that since the announcement of Diablo III back in 2008 the gaming community has been salivating in anticipation. Now with the release only a couple of months away it's time to get yourself kitted out in readiness.
Enter SteelSeries and their Diablo III Headset and Diablo III Mouse.
Are these enough to sate our impatience for the game itself? Will it hack and slash its way to the top of the pile? Read on.
The headset clearly takes its influence from the excellent Siberia V2 which is one of the most well-rounded and best value headsets on the market. If you're going to base your branded product upon anything then the V2 is a great choice.
- Retractable microphone system
- Crystal clear high, low and mid-tones
- Optimized soundscape specific for Diablo gameplay
- In-line volume and mute controls with a gold-plated, USB connection
- Powered by SteelSeries Engine software, can configure illumination settings, equalizer presets and microphone volume
- 50mm driver units
- Lightweight suspension construction
- ON/OFF Diablo III-themed, Illumination options
- Custom Diablo III design
The 7 button, 5700 DPI Diablo III mouse looks just like the SteelSeries Kai and Sensei, being a very sleek ambidextrous design. Despite the obvious design influence SteelSeries assure us that the hardware and firmware are all unique to the Diablo III. Even if it isn't that wouldn't be a bad thing given our love for the Sensei.
- Easy Setup : Easy Drag and Drop Diablo III skills and functions to mouse buttons
- OSX & Windows : Diablo III look and feel driver for Mac OS X and Windows
- Durability : 10 million clicks per switch. 3x that of normal gaming mice
- Demon Red : 3 illuminated zones including scroll wheel, CPI indicator and the Diablo III logo
- Technology : Best-in-class technology provides extreme precision and reliability
- Ambidextrous : Finely engineered shape suits all grips to ensure maximum control and comfort
- Counts Per Inch : Scalable pointer speed up to 5,000 CPI in increments of 1
- Lift Distance : Automatically adjusted lift distance locked to ~1mm across surfaces
Most Recent Comments
I have been tossing up between the Diablo 3 mouse and the Sensei, i remember Toms review of the Sensei was fantastic so i might go with that...Quote
I have been tossing up between the Diablo 3 mouse and the Sensei, i remember Toms review of the Sensei was fantastic so i might go with that...
If you're going to quote who wrote something, it helps to get it right Quote