Corsair K63, Lapboard and Dark Core Unplug and Play Review

K63 Wireless TKL Mechanical Keyboard

Corsair Unplug and Play Review

K63 Wireless TKL Mechanical Keyboard

For battery life reasons the K63 only has blue LEDs, which is a bit of a rollback to earlier days of LED keyboards. We'd probably prefer white LEDs for their flexibility, or at least a switch to change between a couple of the main colours, but blue is super popular so it makes a lot of sense.

Corsair Unplug and Play Review  

The K63 is a TKL design, shorn of the number pad cluster. Away from that element it's extremely familiar to anyone who has seen any keyboard Corsair have released in the last few years, with their hemispherical media keys and textured space bar being particular cornerstones of their design team.


Corsair Unplug and Play Review  
Corsair Unplug and Play Review  
Corsair Unplug and Play Review  

With any wireless arrangement battery life is a key element to pay attention to. There is nothing worse than suddenly losing power at a critical moment, and as more and more online gaming is about high intensity at all times, every moment is a critical one.


Corsair Unplug and Play Review  

As well as the wrist rest built into the Lapboard the K63 Keyboard has a wrist rest included too. We'll keep telling you how much of a boon these are until everyone is using them. You also get a long cable and wireless dongle to connect it all to your PC. We definitely think you should get all these items together, but by keeping a single receiver for each piece of hardware Corsair keep the response time at that 1ms we all demand to let us express out skills to their fullest.


Corsair Unplug and Play Review  
Corsair Unplug and Play Review  

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next»

Most Recent Comments

19-02-2018, 14:05:15

Avet
Cup of tea Tom? It needs a proper beer holder. Say it like a man.

If i needed something like this i would be using LapDog probably, but i see where Corsair was going. This one is much more practical.

The only thing i don't like is the blue light. I really don't like when manufacturers decide for you. Even if the blue was more popular color i think they would sell more if it was white.Quote

19-02-2018, 15:16:09

WYP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Cup of tea Tom? It needs a proper beer holder. Say it like a man.

If i needed something like this i would be using LapDog probably, but i see where Corsair was going. This one is much more practical.

The only thing i don't like is the blue light. I really don't like when manufacturers decide for you. Even if the blue was more popular color i think they would sell more if it was white.
Well, using blue LEDs makes sense as blue LEDs use less power than other colours. So from a battery conservation standpoint I can see why they went blue.

That being said an RGB option would have been nice, even if it was more of a battery drain.Quote

20-02-2018, 05:00:31

Warchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Well, using blue LEDs makes sense as blue LEDs use less power than other colours. So from a battery conservation standpoint I can see why they went blue.

That being said an RGB option would have been nice, even if it was more of a battery drain.
Don't even think about it!...

2017 was the year of the RGB. 2018 is year of the "lets hope RGB dies"Quote

20-02-2018, 20:17:47

Digikid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Don't even think about it!...

2017 was the year of the RGB. 2018 is year of the "lets hope RGB dies"
Nope. we NEED MORE RGB!!!!Quote

20-02-2018, 20:51:46

Avet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Don't even think about it!...

2017 was the year of the RGB. 2018 is year of the "lets hope RGB dies"
RGB is good. You can easily change the color of your rig, or turn it off. The only thing I don't like is those rainbow effects. That is too flashy, and somehow inappropriate. But someone likes that.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.