Corsair K63, Lapboard and Dark Core Unplug and Play Review

Introduction and Technical Specifications

Corsair Unplug and Play Review

Introduction

There have been two major changes to the way that gaming works that have enabled it to be freed from the office or a dark corner of the bedroom and into the lounge as a viable gaming choice.

Firstly we've moved from CRT televisions to the point where pretty much all of us own a flatscreen TV now. Those televisions support some monster resolutions that are compatible with the display format outputted by our graphics cards and consoles. Why game on a 22" monitor when you can game on a 50" TV? Secondly the need to have a dedicated PC outputting its image to your screen has been greatly diminished both by the wide spread availability of long HDMI cables and things such as Steam Link which can use the power of your main rig to flood your retinas with beautiful imagery at high frame rates, without necessitating moving it from its home wherever you keep it.

The biggest downside to this 'gaming from your sofa' idea is the need to trail cables across the floor so that you can actually control the game. We've seen things like the Corsair Bulldog attempt to bring the controls to the sofa in a manageable style, but now with the release of the K63 Lapboard and accompanying wireless Dark Core SE mouse, wireless K63 TKL Keyboard and the MM1000 mouse pad which supports Qi charging it looks like we've finally freed ourselves from the cable hell.

We've got the full set up for review today, and whilst we'll give you a quick overview of each of them separately it is as a whole concept that we're really looking for success.

Technical Specifications

K63 Lapboard

Corsair Unplug and Play Review

K63 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard

Corsair Unplug and Play Review

Dark Core RGB SE Mouse

Corsair Unplug and Play Review

MM1000 Qi Wireless Charging Mousepad

Corsair Unplug and Play Review

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next»

Most Recent Comments

19-02-2018, 14:05:15

Avet
Cup of tea Tom? It needs a proper beer holder. Say it like a man.

If i needed something like this i would be using LapDog probably, but i see where Corsair was going. This one is much more practical.

The only thing i don't like is the blue light. I really don't like when manufacturers decide for you. Even if the blue was more popular color i think they would sell more if it was white.Quote

19-02-2018, 15:16:09

WYP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Cup of tea Tom? It needs a proper beer holder. Say it like a man.

If i needed something like this i would be using LapDog probably, but i see where Corsair was going. This one is much more practical.

The only thing i don't like is the blue light. I really don't like when manufacturers decide for you. Even if the blue was more popular color i think they would sell more if it was white.
Well, using blue LEDs makes sense as blue LEDs use less power than other colours. So from a battery conservation standpoint I can see why they went blue.

That being said an RGB option would have been nice, even if it was more of a battery drain.Quote

20-02-2018, 05:00:31

Warchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Well, using blue LEDs makes sense as blue LEDs use less power than other colours. So from a battery conservation standpoint I can see why they went blue.

That being said an RGB option would have been nice, even if it was more of a battery drain.
Don't even think about it!...

2017 was the year of the RGB. 2018 is year of the "lets hope RGB dies"Quote

20-02-2018, 20:17:47

Digikid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Don't even think about it!...

2017 was the year of the RGB. 2018 is year of the "lets hope RGB dies"
Nope. we NEED MORE RGB!!!!Quote

20-02-2018, 20:51:46

Avet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Don't even think about it!...

2017 was the year of the RGB. 2018 is year of the "lets hope RGB dies"
RGB is good. You can easily change the color of your rig, or turn it off. The only thing I don't like is those rainbow effects. That is too flashy, and somehow inappropriate. But someone likes that.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.