Vulkan in Rainbow Six Siege Tested - A major boost for modern graphics cards

4K Testing

Vulkan in Rainbow Six Siege Tested - A major boost for modern graphics cards

4K Vulkan Testing
  
At 4K we continue to see performance benefits on RDNA, Vega, Polaris and Turing series graphics cards, and no noticeable performance boosts on Pascal series graphics cards. 

When playing Rainbow Six: Siege at this resolution, a lot of PC gamers would be better off playing the game at lower settings or by using the game's dynamic resolution scaling option, where they can define a target resolution and allow the game to dynamically adjust the game's resolution to meet that target. 

Vulkan in Rainbow Six Siege Tested - A major boost for modern graphics cards  

«Prev 1 2 3 4 Next»

Most Recent Comments

29-01-2020, 13:46:30

NeverBackDown
Just wanted to say. THANK YOU for including the GTX 1080 in the benchmark. You'd be surprised how many reviews go live these days without including this card despite it's popularity...


Other than that based off my 2 runs of DX11/Vulkan with my GTX 1080, I came to the same conclusion, but holy moly what a difference Vulkan makes for everything else!
We were CPU limited before and that 2080ti basically gained 30 FPS at 1440p. That's insane.

What is even more interesting, is Ubisoft said in their testing of Vulkan vs DX12, Vulkan offered better CPU performance. I'm not surprised with a 2080ti making that big of a jump. This is probably one of if not the best modern API implemnation in any game. Seems to be stable too.

I will stick to DX11 with my GTX 1080, just for sake of stability, but if they can continue to improve then I will switch over eventually.Quote

29-01-2020, 13:52:10

AngryGoldfish
That's a huge performance jump. It makes me wonder why more developers don't use Vulkan. It seems to be consistently a good performer. There are a couple of outliers if I remember rightly, but generally it's been consistent for developers to eek out the most from their engine.Quote

29-01-2020, 13:53:07

Warchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Just wanted to say. THANK YOU for including the GTX 1080 in the benchmark. You'd be surprised how many reviews go live these days without including this card despite it's popularity...


Other than that based off my 2 runs of DX11/Vulkan with my GTX 1080, I came to the same conclusion, but holy moly what a difference Vulkan makes for everything else!
We were CPU limited before and that 2080ti basically gained 30 FPS at 1440p. That's insane.

What is even more interesting, is Ubisoft said in their testing of Vulkan vs DX12, Vulkan offered better CPU performance. I'm not surprised with a 2080ti making that big of a jump. This is probably one of if not the best modern API implemnation in any game. Seems to be stable too.

I will stick to DX11 with my GTX 1080, just for sake of stability, but if they can continue to improve then I will switch over eventually.
Thats seriously nuts. I'd expect a few % increase, but not double figures.Quote

29-01-2020, 14:10:24

NeverBackDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
That's a huge performance jump. It makes me wonder why more developers don't use Vulkan. It seems to be consistently a good performer. There are a couple of outliers if I remember rightly, but generally it's been consistent for developers to eek out the most from their engine.
It takes a lot of work to rewrite an entire pipeline and getting the same stability, performance, etc. Lack of tools and support out there as well. However as time goes on it grows and therefore will gain popularity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Thats seriously nuts. I'd expect a few % increase, but not double figures.
That's the joy of reducing CPU cycles for needless things. Speeds everything up considerably!Quote

29-01-2020, 14:12:03

Warchild
im curious now how from a pure gaming perspective AMD holds up against Intel. Since Intel still has that edge.

Talking about if Vulcan was widely adopted.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.