MSI RTX 2080Ti Duke Review

Test Setup and Clock Speeds

MSI RTX 2080Ti Duke Review

Test Setup

MSI RTX 2080Ti Duke
Intel i7 6850K
ASUS X99 Strix
Corsair ROG Dominator Platinum 3200
Corsair RM1000i
Corsair LX 512GB OS
Corsair LS 480GB x2 Raid0 Games
Corsair H100i V2
Windows 10

Clock Speeds

Despite its position somewhat in the middle of the MSI range of RTX 2080Ti cards, the Duke overclocks well and the cooler is strong enough to keep the average boost clock speed very near to the peak too. Peak boost is fine for advertising, but nobody plays games for a minute, we play them for hours, thus average boost clock is the true measure of performance.

MSI RTX 2080Ti Duke Review  

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next»

Most Recent Comments

16-04-2019, 10:41:28

FTLN
Whats the power limit on this card ?

EDIT: Power limit is definitely a deciding factor when buying this type of card, as most buyers wont get a cherry picked sample like OC3D. I suggest that its something you should incorporate into future GPU reviews.Quote

16-04-2019, 11:40:34

Kaapstad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
Whats the power limit on this card ?

EDIT: Power limit is definitely a deciding factor when buying this type of card, as most buyers wont get a cherry picked sample like OC3D. I suggest that its something you should incorporate into future GPU reviews.
Why are you so hung up on power limit, if you want to go down that route get a RTX Titan + water/LN2 setup + custom bios, even Kingpin would if EVGA sold Titans.

All the 2080 Ti cards are nice, it all comes down to cooling and warranty as to which is best for you.Quote

16-04-2019, 16:16:50

FTLN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaapstad View Post
All the 2080 Ti cards are nice, it all comes down to cooling and warranty as to which is best for you.
I reckon you'll most probably hit power limit before cooling becomes an issue on this card.. Also why not include power limit in the review ? When paying 1200 smackeroonies for a GPU all this is useful information. I think sometimes people forget what the OC in OC3D stands for Quote

17-04-2019, 02:25:03

Warchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
I reckon you'll most probably hit power limit before cooling becomes an issue on this card.. Also why not include power limit in the review ? When paying 1200 smackeroonies for a GPU all this is useful information. I think sometimes people forget what the OC in OC3D stands for
We live in an age where we want to squeeze the most out of our cards and not have to invest in a loan to pay for the electric bill at the end of the month.

My opinion on power is that I want more performance for less Watt per hour The moment I see a card with 3 connectors, I move on without any temptation!Quote

17-04-2019, 04:25:10

Thanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
Whats the power limit on this card ?
From https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...i-11264-180906

PCIe Slot power 63W nominal, 74W max.
Each 8-pin power connector 143W nominal, 167W max
TGP 130W min, 260W rated and 290W max.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.