Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H Review
Introduction and Technical Specifications
mATX motherboards have undergone a revolution in the past couple of years. From being a small board designed for HTPC applications they are now very close to their full-size counterparts in both performance and features.
We were big fans of the Z68 D3 motherboard here at OC3D. It provided a lot of capability at an absolute bargain price. So of course we're looking forwards to seeing what the Z77 version, the MX-D3H, has in store.
With the Z77 still fresh in the mind we shall keep the preamble brief and get on with the review.
As befits a small form factor motherboard, the feature set is like a leaner version of those you'd find on more enthusiast based boards. So we have SATA 6Gb/s, just two rather than four. Equally the D3H supports only Crossfire/SLI rather than triple-cards. The sound is provided by a VIA VT2021 rather than the Realtek ALC we're more used to finding. It has enough features that 'cut down' would be doing it a disservice, but it's very much a case of 'the same, only less'.
(Some Intel® Core™ processors require a graphic card, please refer "CPU support List" for more information.)
- Support for Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/ Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1155 package
- L3 cache varies with CPU
- Intel® Z77 Express Chipset
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2400(OC)/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
- Support for non-ECC memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
|Onboard Graphics||Integrated Graphics Processor:|
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
* The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
- VIA VT2021 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- Atheros GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
(The PCIEX16 and PCIEX8 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
* The PCI Express x16 slots support up to PCI Express 2.0 standard when an Intel 32nm (Sandy Bridge) CPU is installed.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
(The PCIEX4 and PCIEX1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- Support for 2-Way AMD CrossFireX™/NVIDIA SLI technology (PCIEX16/PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x8 mode when AMD CrossFireX™NVIDIA SLI is enabled.
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0/1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2 2/3/4/5) supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected.
- Up to 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB headers)
* In Windows XP, the Intel USB 3.0 ports can support up to USB 2.0 transfer speed.
- Up to 10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
|Internal I/O Connectors|
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 2 x system fan headers
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
|Back Panel Connectors|
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 1 x DVI-D port
- 1 x HDMI port
- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
- iTE I/O Controller Chip
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System temperature detection
- CPU/System fan speed detection
- CPU overheating warning
- CPU/System fan fail warning
- CPU/System fan speed control
* Whether the CPU/system fan speed control function is supported will depend on the CPU/system cooler you install.
- 2 x 64 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI EFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.6, ACPI 2.0a
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for Xpress Recovery2
- Support for eXtreme Hard Drive (X.H.D)
- Support for Auto Green
- Support for ON/OFF Charge
- Support for Q-Shar
- Support for 3D Power
- Support for LAN Optimizer (Intelligent optimization network management tool)
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Intel® Rapid Start Technology
- Intel® Smart Connect Technology
- Intel® Smart Response Technology
- LucidLogix Virtu MVP
* Make sure the monitor cable has been connected to the integrated graphics port on the back panel.
- Support for Microsoft® Windows 7/XP
- Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 24.4cm
Most Recent Comments