ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Motherboard Review

Test Setup and Overclocking

ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review

Test Setup

ASUS Z270I Strix
0223 BIOS

Intel i7-7700K
Corsair LPX 3200MHz (stock XMP tests)
Corsair LPX 4266MHz
Corsair LPX 4000MHz
Corsair MP500 M.2
Samsung 960 Evo M.2
Corsair HX1000i
Corsair H110i GT
Corsair ML Fans

Overclocking

Our first image below show you that the baby Strix ITX XMP'd 4266MHz memory without any fuss what so ever. One change in the BIOS - Bosh. As stated above this was tested on the 0223 launch bios so the memory scores were not amazing running 4266. They did go up a little rather than down as they can when pushed too far but not quite enough which normally means the subtimings are a little slack. Need to remember this is on a launch BIOS though so we would assume this will be rectified fairly soon.

Our test clocks in the end were 5.1GHz on the CPU and 4000MHz memory you can see this in the 2nd and 3rd pictures below. It maybe small but its more than capable!

 

ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Maximum Overclock

ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Overclocking  


ASUS Z270I Strix ITX DDR4  


  

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next»

Most Recent Comments

07-02-2017, 07:00:11

Chrazey
Really nice article and I'm more happy with my purchase of this motherboard, that I got yesterday, after reading this

I went away from ITX previously, due to the limiting 16GB RAM. Although, this can have 32GB, wich is a win for me

Just a quick, probably silly question, but when you went to those 4000+ memory speeds, did you just go into the BIOS and then set it to 4000, saved and restarted? Or did you do anything else to make it run stable at that speed?.Quote

07-02-2017, 07:01:26

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Really nice article and I'm more happy with my purchase of this motherboard, that I got yesterday, after reading this

I went away from ITX previously, due to the limiting 16GB RAM. Although, this can have 32GB, wich is a win for me

Just a quick, probably silly question, but when you went to those 4000+ memory speeds, did you just go into the BIOS and then sit it to 4000, saved and restarted? Or did you do anything else to make it run stable at that speed?.
It will work with just XMP but Id advise you working the VCCIO and System Agent volts down as low as you can one at a timeQuote

07-02-2017, 07:03:04

Chrazey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
It will work with just XMP but Id advise you working the VCCIO and System Agent volts down as low as you can one at a time
Ahh okay, cheers. My memory is only 3000MHz though, but will check it out and do Quote

07-02-2017, 07:07:22

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Ahh okay, cheers. My memory is only 3000MHz though, but will check it out and do
You wont be able to just expect that to hit 4K. I have seperate 3866, 4000, 4133 and 4266 kits I just use for XMP testing....Quote

07-02-2017, 07:09:17

Chrazey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
You wont be able to just expect that to hit 4K. I have seperate 3866, 4000, 4133 and 4266 kits I just use for XMP testing....
Nahh dude, as long as I can manage to get it to actually run at their advertised 3000MHz speed stable, I'm all good Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.