ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Motherboard Review

Up Close

ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review

Up Close

Despite being small in size the Z270I packaging hasn't been compromised to fit everything on. In fact if you weren't paying close attention to that 'I' in the name you'd struggle to spot it was an ITX at all. Of course once it is out of the box its all clear just because of the reduced dimensions. Even here though you can see a lot of care has been taken with the design. Usually ITX motherboards rely upon very small heatsinks because of their reduced power phases, and this has a knock on effect in the aesthetics. You end up with a motherboard which looks - well let's be honest with one another - cheap. The Strix has no such issues, with beefy heatsinks that match the bigger motherboards as well as could be expected.

We're not too sure about the positioning of the USB 3.1 front panel header though. At the top left? As far from the front panel as it is possible to get? Strange stuff. We do like the heatspreader that forms the basis of the M.2 socket on the front side of the Strix ITX though. It helps keep the Strix looking classy and, hopefully, helps keep your M.2 drive cool even under harsh usage conditions. If one M.2 socket isn't enough to keep you happy then there is one tucked away on the reverse of it, and when coupled to the many SATA ports and USB 3.1 ports at the rear you can be sure that there isn't a dearth of storage options.

Lastly it wouldn't be an ASUS product in recent times if it didn't include the ASUS AURA technology, with LEDs down the right hand side and RGB headers on board, your system can look splendid in any colour you like.

ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review  
ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review  
ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review 
ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review  
ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review  
ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review  
ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review  
ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review  

ASUS Z270I Strix ITX Review 

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next»

Most Recent Comments

07-02-2017, 07:00:11

Chrazey
Really nice article and I'm more happy with my purchase of this motherboard, that I got yesterday, after reading this

I went away from ITX previously, due to the limiting 16GB RAM. Although, this can have 32GB, wich is a win for me

Just a quick, probably silly question, but when you went to those 4000+ memory speeds, did you just go into the BIOS and then set it to 4000, saved and restarted? Or did you do anything else to make it run stable at that speed?.Quote

07-02-2017, 07:01:26

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Really nice article and I'm more happy with my purchase of this motherboard, that I got yesterday, after reading this

I went away from ITX previously, due to the limiting 16GB RAM. Although, this can have 32GB, wich is a win for me

Just a quick, probably silly question, but when you went to those 4000+ memory speeds, did you just go into the BIOS and then sit it to 4000, saved and restarted? Or did you do anything else to make it run stable at that speed?.
It will work with just XMP but Id advise you working the VCCIO and System Agent volts down as low as you can one at a timeQuote

07-02-2017, 07:03:04

Chrazey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
It will work with just XMP but Id advise you working the VCCIO and System Agent volts down as low as you can one at a time
Ahh okay, cheers. My memory is only 3000MHz though, but will check it out and do Quote

07-02-2017, 07:07:22

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Ahh okay, cheers. My memory is only 3000MHz though, but will check it out and do
You wont be able to just expect that to hit 4K. I have seperate 3866, 4000, 4133 and 4266 kits I just use for XMP testing....Quote

07-02-2017, 07:09:17

Chrazey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
You wont be able to just expect that to hit 4K. I have seperate 3866, 4000, 4133 and 4266 kits I just use for XMP testing....
Nahh dude, as long as I can manage to get it to actually run at their advertised 3000MHz speed stable, I'm all good Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.