AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition Quad Core CPU
* True quad-core designed from the ground up for better communication between cores.
o BENEFIT : Cores can communicate on die rather than on package for better performance
AMD64 with Direct Connect Architecture
* Helps improve system performance and efficiency by directly connecting the memory controller and I/O to the CPU.
* Designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing
* Integrated DDR2 Memory Controller
* BENEFITS :
o Increases application performance by reducing memory latency
o Scales memory bandwidth and performance to match compute needs
o HyperTransport™ Technology provides up to 14.4GB/s peak bandwidth per processor—reducing I/O bottlenecks
o Up to 27.2GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)
AMD Balanced Smart Cache
* Shared L3 cache
* In addition to the 512K L2 cache per core, up to 2MB of L3 cache shared by up to 4 cores.
o BENEFIT : Shortened access times to highly accessed data for better performance.
AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator
* 128-bit floating point unit (FPU)
* High performance (128bit internal data path) floating point unit per core.
o BENEFIT : Larger data paths for quicker floating point calculations and better performance.
* One 16-bit link up to 3600MT/s
* Up to 8 .0 GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth; Up to 14.4GB/s in HyperTransport Generation 3.0 mode
* Up to 27.2GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)
o BENEFIT : Quick access times to system resources for better performance.
Integrated DDR2 DRAM Controller with AMD Memory Optimizer Technology
* A high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated DDR2 memory controller
* Supports PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066*); PC2-6400 (DDR2-800), PC2-5300 (DDR2-667), PC2-4200 (DDR2-533) or PC2-3200 (DDR2-400) SDRAM unbuffered DIMMs
* Support for 64-bit DDR2 SDRAM memory
* Up to 12.8GB/s memory bandwidth
o BENEFIT : Quick access to system memory for better performance.
AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) With Rapid Virtualization Indexing
* Silicon feature-set enhancements designed to improve the performance, reliability, and security of existing and future virtualization environments by allowing virtualized applications with direct and rapid access to their allocated memory.
o BENEFIT : Helps virtualization software to run more securely and efficiently enabling a better experience when dealing with virtual systems
AMD Cool'n'Quiet™ 2.0 technology
* Enhanced power management features which automatically and instantaneously adjusts performance states and features based on processor performance requirements
* For quieter operation and reduced power requirements
o BENEFIT : Enables platform designs providing less heat and noise efficient performance and energy usage.
AMD CoolCore™ Technology
* Reduces processor energy consumption by turning off unused parts of the processor. For example, the memory controller can turn off the write logic when reading from memory, helping reduce system power.
* Works automatically without the need for drivers or BIOS enablement.
* Power can be switched on or off within a single clock cycle, saving energy without comprimised performance.
o BENEFIT: Helps users get more efficient performance by dynamically activating or turning off parts of the processor.
Dual Dynamic Power Management™
* Enables more granular power management capabilities to reduce processor energy consumption.
* Separate power planes for cores and memory controller, for optimum power consumption and performance, creating more opportunities for power savings within the cores and memory controller.
o BENEFIT Helps improve platform efficiency by providing on demand memory performance while still allowing for decreased system power consumption