Corsair H100i Pro AIO Cooler Review

Conclusion

Corsair H100i Pro AIO Cooler Review

Conclusion and Video

The Corsair H100 is one of the most popular AIO CPU coolers around. Whenever something gets super popular it always comes along with a large user base who would like some adjustments to better fit their own requirements. In the case of the H100 the loudest, if you'll pardon the expression, noise came from those people who wanted the quietest noise. Although an All-In-One cooler is significantly quieter than an air cooler when the going gets hot and heavy, if you sit closely to your case and game for long stretches at a time, that noise can become wearisome if you have sensitive hearing.

The H100i Pro therefore has been designed specifically to have a quieter pump and utilises the outstanding ML fans from Corsair to keep the airflow over the radiator at a high level. This has been very successful as even at the fastest 'all out' type settings the H100i Pro was still noticeable quieter than its predecessor.

Of course Corsair could have stopped there and we'd have been pleased and yet another model would have been added to the burgeoning range of H-series coolers. However, the H100i Pro also makes great use of the new iCUE software that we recently looked at in our review of their K70 Mk.2 keyboard. You can not only have full control of the RGB lighting as you would expect in modern times, but also apply a range of effects to the cooler so that it fits in with the rest of your system. If you're fortunate enough to have the full gamut of Corsair products on hand then your entire system can put Blackpool Illuminations to shame with its capabilities, from strobing, cycling or simple reactive colour shifting, all is available. Additionally Corsair have included a whole host of CPU specific profiles into the software allowing you to ensure the best possible cooling profile based upon your settings and installed CPU. Normally we can expect to see just quiet, balanced and high options, but here there are 5 different options and plenty of sub options, ensuring that regardless of which processor you have if you want it to be quiet you aren't sat worried that the heat curve isn't taking into effect that Processor X happily runs warm whilst Processor Y dies if it so much as gets warm. You also have the option to link the fan curve to the coolant temp or the CPU temp. For a performance system we would suggest you link it to the CPU temps but if youre a quiet freak then coolant temp is definitely where you will want yours fixed.

All in all the H100i Pro is a welcome addition to the Corsair H-family of AIO coolers. It performs very well, is very quiet, and has enough bells and whistles to keep even the most ardent tinkerer and control freak happy and wins our OC3D Performance Award.

Corsair H100i Pro AIO Cooler Review  

Discuss the Corsair H100i Pro AIO Cooler on the OC3D Forums.

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next»

Most Recent Comments

19-07-2018, 11:33:24

RedgyK
Hi there! Used to be more active on here years ago, but I've kept watching your videos from time to time. This time I had to chime in with something

At around 9min 30sec (in the video review ofcourse) when you mentioned you wanted more options on the "GRAPHING" screen, I believe the "DASHBOARD" tab at the top of the software does exactly what you were asking for?

The Dashboard tab is basically Corsair's replacement for using HWmonitor and such..

I remember setting it up for fun at one point, it was a bit tricky to set up, but it will definitely give you graphs for GPU/CPU/MOBO/RAM temps and fan speed! If I remember correctly you have to start with all graphs and remove what you don't want.Quote

19-07-2018, 11:45:28

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedgyK View Post
Hi there! Used to be more active on here years ago, but I've kept watching your videos from time to time. This time I had to chime in with something

At around 9min 30sec (in the video review ofcourse) when you mentioned you wanted more options on the "GRAPHING" screen, I believe the "DASHBOARD" tab at the top of the software does exactly what you were asking for?

The Dashboard tab is basically Corsair's replacement for using HWmonitor and such..

I remember setting it up for fun at one point, it was a bit tricky to set up, but it will definitely give you graphs for GPU/CPU/MOBO/RAM temps and fan speed! If I remember correctly you have to start with all graphs and remove what you don't want.

It was more of I think that it should be easily accessible and then when selected it links the fan speeds to cpu core #1 for exampleQuote

19-07-2018, 11:53:22

RedgyK
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
It was more of I think that it should be easily accessible and then when selected it links the fan speeds to cpu core #1 for example
Oh ok, I get it now.. That would indeed make it a bit more functional.Quote

25-07-2018, 05:19:15

Roobubba
I've got an Noctua NH-D14 in a really fairly open Xigmatek mATX case. It's so quiet, I can barely tell when the machine is on. A mate got one of the Corsair H100-line (predecessor to this) and was astonished at how loud it was on pretty much every setting and several different fan makes on the rad, so I'm glad to see Corsair take noise seriously with this update.

Just interested though - is it really worth it? The cooling is at best on a par with the Noctua NH-D15 at 100% on the fans, and I'm guessing the fans on the air cooler are also at full tilt, too - how do they compare volume-wise?

When I'm doing a blender render or encoding or compiling a large project, I occasionally hear my computer - but given I can't do anything else when the machine is at full throttle anyway, I just go off and make a cup of tea and no longer hear it. Maybe it's just me but I don't get why someone would go for this instead of a good, quiet air cooler unless the cooling potential is significantly greater (is it? It doesn't seem that way from the graphs!).Quote

28-07-2018, 00:23:29

m2geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobubba View Post
I've got an Noctua NH-D14 in a really fairly open Xigmatek mATX case. It's so quiet, I can barely tell when the machine is on. A mate got one of the Corsair H100-line (predecessor to this) and was astonished at how loud it was on pretty much every setting and several different fan makes on the rad, so I'm glad to see Corsair take noise seriously with this update.

Just interested though - is it really worth it? The cooling is at best on a par with the Noctua NH-D15 at 100% on the fans, and I'm guessing the fans on the air cooler are also at full tilt, too - how do they compare volume-wise?

When I'm doing a blender render or encoding or compiling a large project, I occasionally hear my computer - but given I can't do anything else when the machine is at full throttle anyway, I just go off and make a cup of tea and no longer hear it. Maybe it's just me but I don't get why someone would go for this instead of a good, quiet air cooler unless the cooling potential is significantly greater (is it? It doesn't seem that way from the graphs!).
I have a H100i V2 sitting in the bottom of my wardrobe. It's so SUPER loud no matter what, the pump whine even on "quiet" is still louder than my Cryorig H7 I've gone back to using. Worst purchase ever lol.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.