Corsair H100i Pro AIO Cooler Review

Test Setup and iCUE Software

Corsair H100i Pro AIO Cooler Review

Test Setup

Corsair H100i Pro AIO
Intel Kaby Lake i7 7700K @ 4.7 GHz
Asus Maximus VIII Ranger
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Memory 3200MHz
CoolerMaster V650
Corsair Force GT 60GB
Coolermaster MasterCase Pro5 

 

We use OCCT in Linpack X64, AVX compatible with all logical cores tested and 90% free memory utilised. The test is set up to run automatically with just a few clicks to set it going.  A 10 minute idle followed by 30 minutes of testing and a 5 minute cool down is the order of the day and brings the total test time per clock speed to 45 minutes.  So as to remove subjectivity in determining whether a CPU has failed, OCCT is set to stop the test and register a fail should the max temp exceed 80 degrees.  As with the socket 2011, in testing we noted that if even just one of the cores exceeds 82 degrees OCCT halts the test and a fail is recorded.

iCUE Software

The software has plenty of profiles built in allowing you to tailor your cooling to your particular demands. It doesn't just go with the old stand bys of quiet, middling and balls-to-the-wall either, as there are plenty of profiles and even processor based profiles within those profiles to ensure that those of us who aren't keen at the prospect of frying their processor with a misplaced curve can be up and running in a stress free manner.

Corsair H100i Pro AIO Cooler Review  

The iCUE software has all the tricks up it's sleeve that we have come to expect from Corsair and their RGB lighting, just applicable to the H100i Pro. The big push at the moment from Corsair seems to be a holistic approach to your system lighting and the addition of the H100i Pro to this is welcome. When you can have reactive, one click adjustments to your entire setup from keyboard to case, you have to stand up and applaud.


Corsair H100i Pro AIO Cooler Review  

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next»

Most Recent Comments

19-07-2018, 11:33:24

RedgyK
Hi there! Used to be more active on here years ago, but I've kept watching your videos from time to time. This time I had to chime in with something

At around 9min 30sec (in the video review ofcourse) when you mentioned you wanted more options on the "GRAPHING" screen, I believe the "DASHBOARD" tab at the top of the software does exactly what you were asking for?

The Dashboard tab is basically Corsair's replacement for using HWmonitor and such..

I remember setting it up for fun at one point, it was a bit tricky to set up, but it will definitely give you graphs for GPU/CPU/MOBO/RAM temps and fan speed! If I remember correctly you have to start with all graphs and remove what you don't want.Quote

19-07-2018, 11:45:28

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedgyK View Post
Hi there! Used to be more active on here years ago, but I've kept watching your videos from time to time. This time I had to chime in with something

At around 9min 30sec (in the video review ofcourse) when you mentioned you wanted more options on the "GRAPHING" screen, I believe the "DASHBOARD" tab at the top of the software does exactly what you were asking for?

The Dashboard tab is basically Corsair's replacement for using HWmonitor and such..

I remember setting it up for fun at one point, it was a bit tricky to set up, but it will definitely give you graphs for GPU/CPU/MOBO/RAM temps and fan speed! If I remember correctly you have to start with all graphs and remove what you don't want.

It was more of I think that it should be easily accessible and then when selected it links the fan speeds to cpu core #1 for exampleQuote

19-07-2018, 11:53:22

RedgyK
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
It was more of I think that it should be easily accessible and then when selected it links the fan speeds to cpu core #1 for example
Oh ok, I get it now.. That would indeed make it a bit more functional.Quote

25-07-2018, 05:19:15

Roobubba
I've got an Noctua NH-D14 in a really fairly open Xigmatek mATX case. It's so quiet, I can barely tell when the machine is on. A mate got one of the Corsair H100-line (predecessor to this) and was astonished at how loud it was on pretty much every setting and several different fan makes on the rad, so I'm glad to see Corsair take noise seriously with this update.

Just interested though - is it really worth it? The cooling is at best on a par with the Noctua NH-D15 at 100% on the fans, and I'm guessing the fans on the air cooler are also at full tilt, too - how do they compare volume-wise?

When I'm doing a blender render or encoding or compiling a large project, I occasionally hear my computer - but given I can't do anything else when the machine is at full throttle anyway, I just go off and make a cup of tea and no longer hear it. Maybe it's just me but I don't get why someone would go for this instead of a good, quiet air cooler unless the cooling potential is significantly greater (is it? It doesn't seem that way from the graphs!).Quote

28-07-2018, 00:23:29

m2geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobubba View Post
I've got an Noctua NH-D14 in a really fairly open Xigmatek mATX case. It's so quiet, I can barely tell when the machine is on. A mate got one of the Corsair H100-line (predecessor to this) and was astonished at how loud it was on pretty much every setting and several different fan makes on the rad, so I'm glad to see Corsair take noise seriously with this update.

Just interested though - is it really worth it? The cooling is at best on a par with the Noctua NH-D15 at 100% on the fans, and I'm guessing the fans on the air cooler are also at full tilt, too - how do they compare volume-wise?

When I'm doing a blender render or encoding or compiling a large project, I occasionally hear my computer - but given I can't do anything else when the machine is at full throttle anyway, I just go off and make a cup of tea and no longer hear it. Maybe it's just me but I don't get why someone would go for this instead of a good, quiet air cooler unless the cooling potential is significantly greater (is it? It doesn't seem that way from the graphs!).
I have a H100i V2 sitting in the bottom of my wardrobe. It's so SUPER loud no matter what, the pump whine even on "quiet" is still louder than my Cryorig H7 I've gone back to using. Worst purchase ever lol.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.