Corsair Carbide 330R Review
We reviewed the 300R back in March of 2012. Back then it was priced at £58 and seen as something of a deviation for Corsair to release what was essentially a budget case. We're guessing Corsair's decision must have paid off as winding the clock forward to 2013 we see the release of the 330R. The 330R shares the 300Rs internals, but has added sound proofing and major changes to the exterior, not least of which is a full length door. It's also still very competitively priced at £70. We can think of this then as a "Silent" version of the 300R, but with a few important changes here and there.
Max Mainboard Size
ATX, microATX, Mini-ITX, Extended ATX
Internal Bays Qty
Front Accessible Bays Qty
Rear : 120 mm fan x 1 / exhaust ¦ Front : 140 mm fan x 1 / intake ¦ Front : 120/140 mm fan mount x 1 ¦ Top : 120/140 mm fan mount x 2
CPU Cooler Max Height
Video Card Max Length
System Cabinet Features
Noise reduction, screwless drive bays, front panel door, cable management system
3 x 5.25" 4 x 2.5" / 3.5" shared
2 x USB 3.0 ¦ 1 x headphones - mini-jack ¦ 1 x microphone - mini-jack
- Extensive noise damping material on front door, side panels, and top removable panel to quiet noisy internal components.
- Front door is reversible, with angled air intakes to reflect internal noise away from the user.
- Direct airflow to components – the front 140mm fan is unrestricted by hard drive cages and has a low-restriction dust filter in front for excellent cooling and low noise levels.
- Removable top panel, with top fan mounts pre-drilled for 240mm or 280mm radiator compatibility.
- Up to five separate fan mount locations
- Front: 140mm included (upgradeable to dual 120mm or 140mm)
- Top: Dual 120mm or 140mm
- Rear: 120mm included
- USB 3.0 on front panel with internal motherboard connector
- Four 3.5” / 2.5” hard drive bays with full SSD compatibility.
- Up to 450mm of space for long graphics cards.
- Up to 160mm of space for CPU coolers.
- Cable routing cutouts to keep your cables out of the airflow path.
- Tool free installation of 5.25” and 3.5” drives