Mionix Nash 20 Headset Review
It's been a while since we've reviewed a Mionix product here at OC3D, which is a shame as the last time we did we thought they definitely had a good range of products.
Today we're looking at the Nash 20, a headset which is at the premium end of the 'gaming' headset spectrum. Indeed Mionix themselves make some lofty claims about it :
“In building the NASH 20 we wanted to create perfect combination of design comfort and sound and we are very confident that we have achieved this” says Peter Nygren, CEO at Mionix. The NASH is named after the third largest star in the Sagittarius zodiac constellation. The meaning of NASH, according to Arabic mythology is an Arrowhead, which is a suitable name for a top class gaming headset with superior precision and sharp sound. The sound is as the perfect mix of mid- and high precise crystal clear audiophile tones for the most demanding music lover. High-lighted low, mid and high frequencies for accurate in-game positioning with a deep balanced bass for you to be able to experience the most out of your music, gaming or multimedia.
Now we're not so naive as to take any claim of perfection at face value. Firstly because you can spend well over a thousand pounds on a high end audiophile headset, and secondly because sound is always subjective. What one may consider to be too much bass might have someone else desperately fiddling with their equaliser to add more.
So let's find out firstly how they look, and then how they perform.
Proving that specifications don't always tell the full story, the drivers in the Nash 20 are 50mm 20Hz-20KHz, which is almost the standard for every headset around. Even the 32Ohm impedance isn't particularly out of the ordinary. The proof is in the listening though. Time to have a look.
- Headset Type: Analog Stereo Headset
- Type of earcup: Semi-closed back circumaural
- Audio connection: 3.5mm gold plated connector
- Mic connection: 3.5mm gold plated connector
- Ear pads: 22mm Memory foam wrapped in leather
- Head band: 18mm Memory foam wrapped in leather
- Cable: 2 m braided
- Volume control: Scroll wheel on left ear cup
- Driver type: Dynamic, 50 mm, Nd magnet
- Impedance: 32Ω ± 15% at 20kHz
- Sound pressure level: 103dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20KHz
- Resonance Frequency: ≥ 100Hz
- Input power :Nominal 40mW Max. 80mW
- THD: Less than 2%. at 1K Hz Less than 5%, at 300Hz to 3KHz
- Microphone direction: Uni-direction
- Microphone mute: Flip up to mute
- Pick-up pattern: Uni-direction
- Sensitivity: (@1kHz, 1 V/Pa): -42 ±3db
- Frequency response: 50 – 16,000 Hz
- Signal to Noise: 58 dB
- Microphone dimensions: 6mm