Creative launches X-Fi on a USB Stick Page: 1
X-Fi on the move
Creative have launched a USB stick version of their X-Fi sound cards, with support for OpenAL and EAX Advanced HD 4. The stick also has 1GB of memory available, though some of this is used for the device drivers and software which is read/ write protected to ensure it isn't accidentally deleted or overwritten. The X-Fi Go utilises X-Fi technology, and features X-Fi Crystalizer and X-Fi CMSS-3D.
X-Fi Crystalizer intelligently revitalises and restores details lost during the compression of MP3 music or movie soundtracks, enabling users to hear everything in crystal clarity. X-Fi CMSS-3D expands stereo games, MP3s and digital movies into virtual surround over speakers or headphones. The stick has one 3.5mm stereo output jack, which can be used as a headphone socket or an analogue line out. There is also a 3.5mm input jack, which can be used as a microphone socket or an analogue in. Creative have also bundled the latest 'Creative ALchemy' software, which restores surround sound within Vista.
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! at a glance
- Plug into any USB port and play.
- Installation software and other essential files stored on the device. No need to carry an installation CD or additional USB storage.
- Handy USB stick format fits onto keyring/lanyard for maximum portability.
- Built-in award-winning X-Fi technology comes with incredible 360 degree X-Fi Headphone Surround for an enhanced audio experience with games, music and movies.
- EAX Advanced HD 4.0 and Open AL for maximum audio realism in games.
- Built-in VoiceFX technology allows users to morph their voices into other personas during online games, or when chatting over the internet.
- Creative ALchemy software restores surround sound for legacy games under Windows Vista.
Bonus software available for free download:
- Creative Karaoke Player with LRC format support, allows users to sing along with their favourite songs using Pitch Shifter function and Reverb effect.
- Creative WaveStudio provides convenient and easy audio editing, special effects and audio clean-up functions for recorded music files, lectures and podcasts.
You can view the full press release here
. You can also discuss in our forums here