Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Patch 1.04 fixes a lot of bugs and further improves mouse controls
Wo Long's PC version continues to improve
Published: 18th March 2023 | Source: Steam - Patch Notes |
Mouse controls continue to get better with Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty's latest update
Wo Long; Fallen Dynasty's PC version launched in a poor state, with horrible mouse/keyboard controls and a large number of other issues. Thankfully, recent patches to the game has greatly improved Wo Long's PC version, with Patch 1.04 being no exception.
Today, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty now has a "Mixed" review rating on Steam, which is a major change from the game's "Mostly Negative" rating at launch. With patch 1.04, further improvements are made to Wo Long's mouse controls, and a large number of bugs have been fixed.
As time progresses, it is possible that Wo Long's Steam rating will move to become positive, as a lot of the game's early issues have now been addressed. That said, some gamers are still complaining about performance issues, which suggests that some optimisation patches could be released in the future.
While it is great to see Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty's PC version improve, it is a shame that these fixes had to arrive though post launch updates. Issues like the game's keyboard and mouse controls were known long before launch, and should have become a priority for the game's developers after they launched Wo Long's PC demo.
Below we have included Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty's patch notes for update 1.04, which include a huge list of big fixes and improvements.
You can join the discussion on Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty's 1.04 patch on the OC3D Forums.
- Improved the camera controls when using a mouse.
- Improved the tilting scroll wheel controls.
- Also improved the lighting controls when using a mouse in Photograph mode.
- Added a feature that automatically restock arrows/projectiles and consumable items from the storehouse upon accessing a Battle Flag.
- Made it possible for players to switch lock-on to another target during the animation sequence for Fatal Strikes, deflects (in response to an enemy’s Critical Blow), and Divine Beasts Summons.
- Made it possible for players to open the Travel screen from the screen that appears after clearing a battlefield (except for main battlefields cleared for the first time), and then select which battlefield they would like to go to next.
- Added the option to return to the briefing screen before starting Co-op and the option to try the same battlefield again, to the screen that appears after completing a Co-op session.
- Changed the player’s Morale Rank to 20 while at the base, the hidden village.
- Made the following adjustments to the difficulty of the sub battlefield “The Tiger’s Loyal Subjects”:
- Adjustments to the AI
- Adjustments to damage taken from Critical Blows, the parameters for the increase/decrease of Spirit, etc.
- Upward adjustment of the Morale Points acquired by players
Major Bug Fixes #1
- Fixed crash-prone situations that occurred in certain environments.
- Fixed flickering that occurred in certain environments.
- Alleviated the issue of rendering distortions in certain environments.
- Fixed a bug in which the time it took to successfully provide aid was different depending on the frame rate settings.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent key configurations from being saved under certain conditions.
- Also fixed a bug that caused key configurations to be reset to their default values when screen resolution was changed.
- Fixed the issue on AE-5 Plus and AE-7 sound cards that required the Direct Mode to be enabled for the audio to play.
- Fixed a bug in which the player sometimes remained transparent (in appearance only) after the effects of “Unseeable Form” wore off.
- Also fixed a bug that caused unnecessary text to be displayed in certain UIs in the 120FPS setting.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to enter areas outside of the current stage from certain locations in some stages.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to become stuck (in the ground/surrounding objects) in certain locations in some stages, making it impossible for players to progress.
- Also fixed a bug that caused the enemies in some stages to be pushed out of the stage, making it impossible for players to progress.
- Fixed a bug that caused guest players in Recruit to become unable to progress upon entering a certain house in the sub battlefield “The Lost Sacred Artifact” until the host player opened the door.
Major Bug Fixes #2
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to exchange items with a Shitieshou every time the player resumes the game from a Battle Flag in the sub battlefield “Fate of the Entertainer.”
- Also fixed a bug that occurred during the battle against Zhang Liang in the main battlefield “Village of Calamity” where, if the player went into Spirit Disruption right when they defeated Zhang Liang’s first form, they would remain in Spirit Disruption at the start of the battle against his second form.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Spirit Disruption of “Embodiment of Demonic Qi” to last longer.
- Fixed a bug that could make it impossible for the player to proceed if they summoned the Divine Beast Yinglong right as they died.
- Also fixed a bug in which the magnitudes of special effects on emptied embedment slots would sometimes change when loading save data.
- Fixed a bug that prevented embedment on locked equipment.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes provide fewer embedment slots than there should have been on battlefield clear rewards and accessories in the “Path of the Rising Dragon” difficulty level.
- Also fixed a bug that allowed users to sell equipment registered to favorites.
- Fixed a bug that caused the effects of the special effect Set Bonus Requirement Mitigation to accumulate.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to skip cutscenes upon using certain controls.
- Also fixed a bug that caused the number of arrows/projectiles in the player’s inventory to duplicate under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes make it impossible for the player to obtain some trophies/achievements.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from saving the parameters for the Upper Lip Edge Thickness and the Lower Lip Edge Thickness after selecting Save in Character Creation.
- Also fixed other minor bugs.