The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition patch 1.1 delivers much-needed performance improvements
More patches are coming to address more issues present in The Outer Worlds Spacer's Choice Edition
Published: 22nd March 2023 | Source: The Outer Worlds - Steam |
The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition now runs a lot better on PC, and further patches are incoming
The Outer World's current-generation Spacer's Choice Edition launched in a poor state, with performance issues on all platforms and a host of other technical issues. Even today, the game has a "mostly negative" review rating on Steam, though the release of patch 1.1 has improved things.
For starters, PSO/shader compilation stutters are said to be greatly reduced, mitigating the hitching that many PC gamers have experienced. Beyond that, the game's SSGI setting has been adjusted on PC to improve the game's performance, with developers stating that this setting was set "inappropriately high".
With these changes, PC gamers should find that The Outer Worlds' Spacers Choice Edition now runs a lot smoother on PC, though the game's developers have noted that they are still working to address the issues that gamers have reported.
You can join the discussion on The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition's 1.1 PC patch on the OC3D Forums.
Patch Notes 1.1
Greetings employees of Halcyon,
We have a new update to Spacer’s Choice Edition that will help resolve many of the visual and performance issues that have been reported, allowing you to continue your colonial duties. While this does not resolve all that we’ve seen, The Board would like to inform you that the team is still working to address additional reported issues and will continue to do so in future patches.
Thank you for your patience while our team worked diligently to get this out, and continue reading below to see what resolutions this update brings you.
Top Community Issues:
- Adjusted settings for Ultra and Very High graphic modes, improving experience for PC players on higher end graphics cards
- Fixed issues with SSGI being set inappropriately high on PC affecting performance
- PSO experience improved to mitigate hitching during shader compilation
- SSGI auto settings updated preventing scenarios where it would toggle on unexpectedly
- Various HLOD improvements to reduce popping
- Fixed many instances of flickering textures
- Reduced chance for characters hair to glow
- Fixed two instances of invisible enemies
- Fixed invisible trip mine beam