STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor's patch 5 delivers more improvements to the game's PC version
Expect better CPU performance with patch 5
Published: 18th May 2023 | Source: EA |
Expect Star Wars Jedi: Survivor to run better on PC thanks to the game's latest update
EA and Respawn Entertainment have just released patch 5 for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on PC, delivering several PC-specific improvements as well as various fixes, stability, and performance improvements that will apply to the game on PC and consoles.
On PC, further changes have been made to the game to reduce hitching and improvements have been made to the game's thread handling when ray tracing is turned off. This should enable higher framerates in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor on PCs with high core counts, and increase the game's framerate stability by reducing hitching.
With patch 5, Respawn Entertainment will have lessened many of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor's largest flaws on PC, making the game more stable and performant on the platform. Full release notes for Patch 5 are available below, and EA has confirmed that more updates are on the way for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
You can join the discussion on Star Wars Jedi: Survivor's latest PC update on the OC3D Forums.
Patch 5 Details - 17 May
The latest patch (Patch 5) for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor ™ will arrive shortly. Here’s our expected timeline for rolling out the patch:
PC: Patch expected to deploy today, Wednesday, May 17
PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S: These improvements will be a part of an upcoming console update, and we will share that timing later once it is confirmed. Keep an eye for the latest updates via the @EAStarWars Twitter account.
Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:
- (PC only) Improved content caching to reduce hitching.
- (PC only) Improved thread handling when raytracing is turned off.
- (PC only) Fix for an issue where lowering the PC visual settings would incorrectly lower your resolution scale if FSR is disabled.
Note: if you previously disabled FSR and are playing on a lower visual quality, you may want to readjust your quality settings.
- (PC only) Fix for a reset button not responding on PC when using both controller and keyboard.
- Various performance fixes.
- Stability improvements.
- More robust detection of pre-order and deluxe content in-game, preventing players from only randomly having access to the content.
- Various collision and navigation improvements to prevent issues where characters get stuck out of bounds.
- Fixed an issue where Drya Thornne would become invincible.
- Music-related fixes
- Fixed an issue where Bode wouldn’t grab the senator during some New Game+ playthroughs.
- Fix for a bug where the Skriton wouldn’t appear correctly.
- Fix for Dagan not appearing correctly in a cinematic.
- Fixed some rare instances of players being unable to progress further in the game even after reloading.
- Fix for a bug where the Gorocco would disappear mid-combat.
- Fix for an issue where Cal would get stuck in a specific Blaster state if dying while in it.
- Fix for a bug where BD-1 wouldn’t be able to open a door.
- Fix for void tear interactions not working correctly.
- Fix for trying to load corrupt save games sometimes leaving you in the main menu. It will now correctly attempt to load your backup save.
- Improved UX for Koboh matter turrets that players were previously unable to exit out of.
- Fix for the Rancor and the Mogu not correctly leaving Cal's XP behind when he respawns.
- Fix for a bug where the Skills menu wouldn't correctly close.
- Improved sync for sound during one of the cinematics.
- Fix for the environment not loading correctly on Koboh after Cal respawns.