Star Control Origins update 1.4 packs improved visuals and increased performance
Faster performance and better visuals, what more could you want?
Published: 21st June 2019 | Source: Stardock |
Star Control: Origins update 1.4 packs improved visuals and increased performance
Alongside these changes to terrain detail, objects such as tentacle plants, mushrooms, bones and other features have also seen a leap in texture quality, making the game a lot more visually appealing.
With this patch, the race known as the Observers will now be known as canonically the Arilou, and their ships will be renamed to match. This comes thanks to a new agreement between Stardock and the original creators of the Star Control franchise.
Below are the full patch notes for Star Control: Origins version 1.4.
- Updated planet surface textures to be more detailed.
- A small improvement of the terrain rendering system to improve the frame rate.
- Improved lighting of the planet surface
- Improved the textures on many props (glowing tentacles, glowing mushrooms, bones )
- Make the Bull critter appearance a bit brighter
- Improved the lander texture to make the windows stand out better
- Updated the magma hazard visual effect to improve performance
- Listener orientation is no longer backward in a true 5.1 setup
- Fix for some particles not being properly aligned to the surface
- Fix for particle sorting and disappearing issue
- Fixed several crashes related to the particle effects trying to escape the bounds of known reality.
- The "Observers" are now known as the "Arilou"