'

More Than 10 New Games Will Be Announced At The Game Awards

Alien: Blackout anyone?

More Than 10 New Games Will Be Announced At The Game Awards

More Than 10 New Games Will Be Announced At The Game Awards

The Game Awards is set to take place on December 6th, acting as a celebration of the industry's achievements and as the perfect stage to announce upcoming releases or major updates to some of today's most popular games. 

Geoff Keighley has confirmed that The Game Awards will act as the announcement event for "more than 10 new games", with recent rumours suggesting that Alien: Blackout will make an appearance at the ceremony. 

The event is set to begin on Thursday, December 6th at 8.30 PM EST, which translates to 1:30 AM GMT, making the event ill-suited for potential viewers in the UK and Europe. The event will be live streamed on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook live, Twitch, Mixer and a variety of other platforms, some of which will include live translations to better cater to international viewers. 


 

  
The Video Game Awards is voted on by both members of the public and the event's "voting jury", with represent 10% and 90% of the ceremony's votes respectively. This places voting weight heavily in favour of the voting jury, though the public retains enough voting power to make a difference in tight categories.

Members of the public can browse the events award nominees and vote on their favourites here.  

You can join the discussion on The Video Game Award's plans to announce 10 new games at the event on the OC3D Forums

«Prev 1 Next»

Most Recent Comments

27-11-2018, 14:13:47

Dark NighT
Oh no, the game awards..


Yeah gonna skip that entirely, every year its so much cringe..Quote

27-11-2018, 15:47:43

NeverBackDown
Everyone is just going to vote Red Dead. Gonna forget about God of War, Spiderman, assassin's Creed, etc.

Wouldn't be such a bad show if it was literally a popularity contest and if the host wasn't awfulQuote

28-11-2018, 03:54:41

N0ddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Everyone is just going to vote Red Dead. Gonna forget about God of War, Spiderman, assassin's Creed, etc.

Wouldn't be such a bad show if it was literally a popularity contest and if the host wasn't awful
Will RDR2 really win though. From what I've read (and people I have spoken to) it is a very marmite game. I'd say only 60% of people actually like/enjoy it. the other 40% have long since traded it in/sold it on.Quote

28-11-2018, 04:39:10

Warchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Everyone is just going to vote Red Dead. Gonna forget about God of War, Spiderman, assassin's Creed, etc.

Wouldn't be such a bad show if it was literally a popularity contest and if the host wasn't awful
I cant get into red dead... I last for one quest/mission before turning it off again.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.