'

Guerrilla Games issues a statement on Horizon Zero Dawn's PC issues

This game is far from a perfect port

Guerrilla Games issues statement on Horizon Zero Dawn's PC issues

Guerrilla Games issues a statement on Horizon Zero Dawn's PC issues

Update - Our PC Performance Review and Optimisation Guide for Horizon Zero Dawn is now available to read. 

Last Friday, Horizon: Zero Dawn released on PC, and with it came widespread reports of bugs, crashes and other technical issues from PC gamers. This has given Horizon a "Mixed" review rating on Steam, highlighting the disappointment that many feel regarding this PlayStation classic's PC release.   

Now, Guerilla Games has issued a statement regarding Horizon Zero Dawn's "Player Reports", committing to investigating these issues as the studio's "Highest priority". 

For now, PC gamers are recommended to use the latest drivers for their Radeon and Geforce graphics hardware and to ensure that their PCs meet Horizon: Zero Dawn's system requirements. Issues with Horizon Zero Dawn's PC version should be addressed with future game patches and GPU driver releases.

Below is Guerilla Games' full statement regarding Horizon: Zero Dawn's PC issues. 

 

    Thank you for supporting us yesterday as we launched Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition on PC! We have been enjoying a whole new wave of screenshots with the in-game Photo Mode, live streams and videos from content creators, and seeing so many new players start their journey with Aloy.

We have been monitoring all of our channels and are aware that some players have been experiencing crashes and other technical issues. Please know that we are investigating your reports as our highest priority.

We appreciate those who have already taken the time to report their issues on Steam, Reddit, or via our website. If you are still encountering crashes or bugs, please continue to use those spaces, or refer to our FAQ if you are unsure of how to proceed. Your reports are, and have already been, incredibly helpful for our teams.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to investigate issues; we will update you all as soon as we have more news.

 

Our readers should expect to see our full PC performance analysis for Horizon: Zero Dawn's PC version later today.  

Guerrilla Games issues statement on Horizon Zero Dawn's PC issues  

You can join the discussion on Guerilla Games' plans to fix Horizon: Zero Dawn's PC issues on the OC3D Forums

«Prev 1 Next»

Most Recent Comments

10-08-2020, 07:11:02

trawetSluaP
Hopefully this is sooner rather than later.

Am excited to play though the game again as it's my favourite game of this generation.

Am going to hold out on playing it til it's running well in the way I feel it deserves having been ported to PC.Quote

10-08-2020, 12:36:48

Warchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Hopefully this is sooner rather than later.

Am excited to play though the game again as it's my favourite game of this generation.

Am going to hold out on playing it til it's running well in the way I feel it deserves having been ported to PC.
If it helps. I have been playing it flawlessly so far. The only crash I get is the benchmark. Main game has no problems what so ever, for me. (at least so far 3hours into the game)Quote

10-08-2020, 13:31:55

NeverBackDown
It's their first non PS title in over a decade. I wouldn't expect anything less than a few minor issues.

The game itself is great, they will fix the bugs later. I don't see a reason for all the hate. With most new games you get issues and not prior evidence to the quality of the game. At least with this everyone knows it's a good game but has some issues.

I'd like to play it again but can't be bothered to spend the money. A higher framerate would be fantastic though. Almost tempting.Quote

10-08-2020, 17:09:15

Darkdayzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
If it helps. I have been playing it flawlessly so far. The only crash I get is the benchmark. Main game has no problems what so ever, for me. (at least so far 3hours into the game)

I too have had no issues! Not even the benchmark gave me problems haha.


Been getting an average of 55-60 on my RTX 2070 and ryzen 3600 at 1440p, i am running the game on high settings, just no motion blur active (cant stand that).


I've got....well, 2 days into the game. I'm level 35 and have barely touched the main story...just fought the first Deathbringer! It's REALLY easy to beat, playing the game on normal too.


But yeah absolutely nothing that should stop you from playing the game right now if you wanted too Quote

10-08-2020, 17:45:32

Warchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
I too have had no issues! Not even the benchmark gave me problems haha.


Been getting an average of 55-60 on my RTX 2070 and ryzen 3600 at 1440p, i am running the game on high settings, just no motion blur active (cant stand that).


I've got....well, 2 days into the game. I'm level 35 and have barely touched the main story...just fought the first Deathbringer! It's REALLY easy to beat, playing the game on normal too.


But yeah absolutely nothing that should stop you from playing the game right now if you wanted too
no spoilers! this is my first time playing!Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.