'

Battlefield V has been delayed

Battlefield will return to WWII after this delay

Battlefield V has been delayed

Battlefield V has been delayed

In their latest "update on Battlefield V", DICE's general manager, Oskar Gabrielson, announced that the game 's release was delayed until November 20th, over a month later than the game's original October 19th release date.   

Feedback from the game's closed alpha has "spurred" DICE on "to make meaningful improvements to the core gameplay experience", many of which will be seen in the game's open beta, which starts on September 6th. The delay will allow DICE to take their time polishing the game and adjusting the title's core gameplay, ensuring that the game can deliver on all fronts. 

This delay will also move Battlefield V away from the launch date of Red Dead Redemption II and Call of Duty Black Ops 4, a factor that may help the company increase their sales numbers at launch. Now, Battlefield V will be competing with the likes of Fallout 76 and Hitman 2. 

Battlefield V will release with four game modes, which include single player "War Stories", Battlefield's standard multiplayer experience, a new "Battle Royale" mode and a "Tides of War" live service. 

On the PC front, Battlefield V acted as the poster child for Nvidia's RTX technology, making this delay a bad start for real-time ray-tracing in games. Battlefield V is expected to the first game to support Nvidia RTX out of the box, potentially making this delay harmful for the sales of Nvidia's new Geforce RTX graphics cards. 

Battlefield V has been delayed  
Gabrielson's full statement regarding Battlefield V's delay is available to read here

You can join the discussion on Battlefield V's delay on the OC3D Forums

«Prev 1 Next»

Most Recent Comments

30-08-2018, 12:28:00

NeverBackDown
They say it's for tweaking but it's really because of the super low sales in pre orders and the fact that everyone is more excited for Call of Duty and Red Dead. Both games which surrounded the release date of Battlefield V. Nobody would buy 3 games. Since Dice said if you don't like our game don't buy it. Well everybody laughed and said thanks for making the choice easy. So they at least solved one part of the problem by moving the release date.Quote

30-08-2018, 12:29:40

The_Governour
They want to up the sales!!!Quote

30-08-2018, 12:59:41

Dawelio
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
They say it's for tweaking but it's really because of the super low sales in pre orders and the fact that everyone is more excited for Call of Duty and Red Dead. Both games which surrounded the release date of Battlefield V. Nobody would buy 3 games. Since Dice said if you don't like our game don't buy it. Well everybody laughed and said thanks for making the choice easy. So they at least solved one part of the problem by moving the release date.
I think that everyone has gotten a bit tired of all of the WW games by now. I mean, Battlefield 1 had a similar one to this V. Even Battlefield 3 and 4 sold more, so I think that people are more interested in more modern like game types, rather than the more "traditional" WW types.Quote

30-08-2018, 13:13:35

NeverBackDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
I think that everyone has gotten a bit tired of all of the WW games by now. I mean, Battlefield 1 had a similar one to this V. Even Battlefield 3 and 4 sold more, so I think that people are more interested in more modern like game types, rather than the more "traditional" WW types.
Based off COD I disagree since many people seem to be hyped for it(WW setting).Just think the combination of so many great games and then Dice saying don't like it don't buy it just made the choice easier for more people to buy other gamesQuote

30-08-2018, 13:24:53

Dawelio
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Based off COD I disagree since many people seem to be hyped for it(WW setting).Just think the combination of so many great games and then Dice saying don't like it don't buy it just made the choice easier for more people to buy other games
I meant more of a WW ”Battlefield style”, rather than COD style... Ie, people like COD’s way of doing it, a Battlefield WW has just gotten boring.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.