Nvidia launches their 496.98 Geforce HotFix driver to fix issues with YouTube, DOOM Eternal, and Red Dead Redemption 2
Getting game crashes in DOOM Eternal and RDR2? This driver will fix that!
Published: 25th November 2021 | Source: Nvidia Support |
Nvidia's latest HotFix drivers fix a lot of issues present in their 496.76 WHQL drivers
Nvidia has launched a new hotfix driver, Geforce Hotfix Driver version 496.98. This new driver fixes several issues currently facing Geforce users, including YouTube issues where the website randomly displays extreme contrast, game crashing issues, and problems with their Geforce GTX 750 Ti when using Nvidia Image Scaling.
One of the main issues facing Nvidia's older 496.76 drivers is that games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and DOOM Eternal crash, preventing Geforce users from enjoying these games. Beyond that, some users of Optimus Notebooks with 1440p 165Hz monitors are experiencing black screen issues. Adaptive Vertical Sync issues are also present when G-Sync is enabled for some users.
In short, if you are having issues with Nvidia's latest WHQL drivers, Nvidia's 496.98 driver is something you should download. Below are the driver's full release notes.
GeForce hotfix display driver version 496.98 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 496.76.
The hotfix addresses the following issues:
- [YouTube]: The YouTube web site randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or during video playback. 
- [Notebook]: Black screen may be observed on some Optimus notebooks with 1440p/165hz panels when in discrete GPU mode 
- Games do not launch correctly on GeForce GTX 750 Ti when NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled 
- Using Adaptive Vertical Sync while G-SYNC is enabled may result in random black screen 
- [Red Dead Redemption 2/Doom Eternal]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game. 
You can download Nvidia's Geforce Hotfix driver version 496.98 here.
You can join the discussion on Nvidia's Geforce Hotfix 496.98 driver on the OC3D Forums.