No Love for older GPUs - AMD's Forspoken driver is RDNA 3 exclusive
AMD's RDNA 3 GPUs are ready for Forspoken, but AMD's older cards aren't
Published: 25th January 2023 | Source: AMD |
AMD has not released a driver for pre-RDNA 3 GPUs since early December - Radeon's Forspoken Driver is RDNA 3 exclusive, for now
Radeon has just released AMD Software version 23.1.2, another RDNA 3 RX 7900 series exclusive driver released that delivers to gamers optimisations for Forspoken, support for new Vulkan extensions, and new bug fixes alongside a new IREE compiler that uses the MLIR interface on Vulkan.
It is now over 48 days since AMD has released a GPU driver for their pre-RX 7900 series graphics cards, a factor that leaves users of the company's RX 6000 series and older GPUs concerned. This is the first driver that features game-specific optimisations to launch without support for AMD's older Radeon graphics cards, leaving users of AMD's older products with a sub-par experience in Forspoken, an AMD branded PC release. Let's hope that AMD releases a new driver soon that supports their their older Radeon graphics cards.
- IREE compiler using MLIR interface on Vulkan.
- Additional Vulkan extensions. Click here for more information.
- AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may fail to launch with the error message “Delayed Write Failed” on Microsoft® Windows® 11 version 22H2.
- Poor performance and load time may be observed while playing SpaceEngine™.
- Missing or flickering textures may be observed while playing Emergency 4™.
- High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays.
- Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configuration.
- Stuttering may be observed in UNCHARTED™ 4: A Thief’s End during the opening game sequence.
- Stuttering may be observed in Forspoken™ when dynamic resolution is set to enabled.
- Application crash may be observed while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23.
- Stuttering may be observed while playing Sea of Thieves™.
- Corruption may be observed while playing Battlefield™ 4 with Post Process Quality settings set to high or ultra
- Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance.
- Maximum encode bitrate is limited to 100Mbps for certain applications.