'

Lenovo Launches their Legion Y27gq 1440p 240Hz G-Sync HDR Monitor

1440p at 240Hz! Wow!

Lenovo Launches their Legion Y27gq 1440p 240Hz G-Sync HDR Monitor

Lenovo Launches their Legion Y27gq 1440p 240Hz G-Sync HDR Monitor   

Lenovo isn't the first manufacturer that comes to mind when thinking about gaming monitors, but that hasn't stopped them from creating one of the highest-end gaming displays at CES 2019. 

Before now, 240Hz displays have been limited to 1080p monitors for the most part, but Lenovo has smashed thought that boundary by offering the refresh rate on a 1440p monitor. At this time Lenovo has not revealed who manufactures the 27-inch "NearEdgeless" display for their Legion Y27gq, though it is likely to be AU Optronics. 

On top of its 1440p support at 240Hz, Lenovo has also listed this display with G-Sync HDR support, though at this time Lenovo has not gone into any meaningful detail regarding its HDR support. Nvidia has recently rebranded their G-Sync HDR standard as G-Sync Ultimate, leaving it unclear whether or not this monitor support G-Sync Ultimate or G-Sync and HDR independently.   

With this display, Lenovo touts support for a response time of .05ms as well as device charging through USB 3.1 ports. A detachable Harman Kardon speaker has also bee integrated into this display's stand to deliver a great audio experience. 


The Lenovo Legion Y27gq is an ultrapowerful monitor that elevates your gaming experience.
This monitor is designed to dominate with an impeccable blend of 240Hz refresh rate,
0.5ms response time, and the latest NVIDIA G-SyncTM HDR technology.

This 27-inch gaming monitor with its NearEdgeless QHD display and detachable Harman Kardon
certified speaker takes your gaming experience to a whole new level.


Lenovo's Legion Y27gq is expected to become available in April for $999.99 in the US. 

You can join the discussion on Lenovo's Y27gq 1440p 1440Hz G-Sync HDR monitor on the OC3D Forums

«Prev 1 Next»

Most Recent Comments

08-01-2019, 18:31:18

NeverBackDown
$1000? Doesn't seem to bad tbh considering other monitors in this price rangeQuote

09-01-2019, 05:19:26

Warchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
$1000? Doesn't seem to bad tbh considering other monitors in this price range
I think I would be tempted by this. It's time I dropped back down to 27inch.Quote

09-01-2019, 08:42:13

Darkdayzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I think I would be tempted by this. It's time I dropped back down to 27inch.
And yet here I sit thinking "for 1k I'll buy that nice 65" Samsung 4k tv I've been eyeing over this monitor" sure the refresh rate on the tv is only 120Hz but that is more then okay for me and I can run what I play at 4k easily.

I don't know, to me monitors have always seemed really pricey in comparison when to TVs when you get to the high end monitors vs a tv of similar pricing. But hey that's me! I also like playing on large screens and the way my rig is positioned makes sitting back and looking at a large TV ideal for me specifically. Your experience may vary :PQuote

09-01-2019, 09:58:25

Warchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
And yet here I sit thinking "for 1k I'll buy that nice 65" Samsung 4k tv I've been eyeing over this monitor" sure the refresh rate on the tv is only 120Hz but that is more then okay for me and I can run what I play at 4k easily.

I don't know, to me monitors have always seemed really pricey in comparison when to TVs when you get to the high end monitors vs a tv of similar pricing. But hey that's me! I also like playing on large screens and the way my rig is positioned makes sitting back and looking at a large TV ideal for me specifically. Your experience may vary :P
A TV is still not great to have acting as a monitor. I have tested my Samsung quantum dot 65" 4k screen for example. The input lag was horrible (I have high expectations) and the g2g tests were poor.

I felt more comfortable using my 1080p 120hz TN monitor from Benq than the samsung one. TV are getting better all the time, but I would still take a cheap monitor over an expensive TV for the sake of performance over graphical fidelity.

Even my 34" IPS screen has become a disappointment to me right now.Quote

09-01-2019, 09:59:38

WYP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
A TV is still not great to have acting as a monitor. I have tested my Samsung quantum dot 65" 4k screen for example. The input lag was horrible (I have high expectations) and the g2g tests were poor.

I felt more comfortable using my 1080p 120hz TN monitor from Benq than the samsung one. TV are getting better all the time, but I would still take a cheap monitor over an expensive TV for the sake of performance over graphical fidelity.

Even my 34" IPS screen has become a disappointment to me right now.
Hopefully thing will get better with HDMI 2.1. It's planned automatic low latency mode (ALLM) should be useful.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.