Intel releases iGPU drivers that are ready for 8 new games
Intel continues to up their driver game
Published: 12th July 2018 | Source: Intel |
Intel releases iGPU drivers that are ready for eight new games
Intel is actively working to change this perception, with plans to release dedicated graphics cards in 2020, starting a new era within the GPU market where three players are duking it out in the desktop and enterprise marketplaces. Before that time comes, Intel needs to be ready with a solid driver team and software that can get the most out of their hardware.
Intel's latest driver release, Driver version 22.214.171.12494, offers users several bug fixes and support for eight new gaming titles. This driver also offers fixes for "graphical anomalies" in DOTA 2 (Using Vulkan), playback issues when minimising and restoring HDR content and corrupted or incorrect renderings in Adobe Creative Cloud products.
Users of 620 series graphics or better will support new games like Warhammer 40K: Gladius - Relics of War, Defiance 2050, Banner Saga 3 and Realm Royale. Users of Intel Iris Pro graphics or better will also support games like BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, Lust for Darkness and The Awesome adventures of captain Spirit.
The following Intel processors are supported by this new graphics driver.
- 8th Generation Intel Core processors, related Pentium/ Celeron Processors, and Intel Xeon processors, with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 and Intel UHD Graphics 610, 620, 630, P630.
- 7th Generation Intel Core processors, related Pentium/ Celeron Processors, and Intel Xeon processors, with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, 650 and Intel HD Graphics 610, 615, 620, 630, P630.
- 6th Generation Intel Core processors, Intel Core M, and related Pentium processors, with Intel Iris Graphics 540, Intel Iris Graphics 550, Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580, and Intel HD Graphics 510, 515, 520, 530.
- Intel Xeon processor E3-1500M v5 family with Intel® HD Graphics P530
- Pentium/ Celeron Processors with Intel HD Graphics 500, 505 and Intel UHD Graphics 600, 605
- Pentium/Celeron Intel UHD 600, 605
With every new driver release, Intel hopes to modernise their driver ecosystem, preparing the way for the eventual release of their upcoming dedicated graphics hardware. When the time comes for Intel to release dedicated graphics products, let's hope that the company has the drivers to back it up.