AMD's new 22.8.1 graphics drivers are here, and they're ready for Spider-Man
Radeon Boost has just arrived for Halo Infinite
Published: 12th August 2022 | Source: AMD Radeon Technologies Group |
AMD Software 22.8.1 has just launched
AMD has just released AMD Software 22.8.1, optimising the company's Radeon graphics cards to play Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered and Thymesia. Additionally, these driver have also delivered improvements to AMD's Enhanced-Sync technology and have added support for Radeon Boost to Halo Infinite.
For players of Spider-Man Remastered, this new driver is a must-download for owners of AMD graphics cards. These drivers will ensure that AMD GPU users get the best possible experience when playing Spider-Man. Sadly, AMD has not noted any performance gains with these new graphics drivers, though we have confirmed that recent patches for Spider-Man's PC version have dramatically changed the game's performance profile, likely invalidating AMD's pre-launch performance data. This may be why AMD has not included specific performance details for AMD Software 22.8.1.
Full release notes for AMD's 22.8.1 drivers can be seen below.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
- Radeon Boost using Variable Rate Shading for Halo Infinite
Enhanced Sync improvements have been introduced in the latest version of AMD Software to provide further stability, and a better overall experience with your AMD PC.
- Display may flicker black when switching between video playback and gameplay windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Video output will freeze in Project Zomboid™.
- Games based on LOVE2D™ engine may be rendered incorrectly.
- Stormworks: Build and Rescue™ crashes during start up.
- Mixed Reality Headsets may flicker black or experience jitter during movement with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a system crash during gameplay with video playback on extended monitors.
- Stuttering may be experienced while playing Call of Duty®: Warzone™ on the Caldera map with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- Some stuttering may be experienced while playing Fortnite™ with DirectX® 11 API when game is first launched on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6950 XT.
- Radeon™ Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh™ 2.
- While playing Lost Ark™, flickering may be intermittently experienced after changing displaying settings or checking character info with some AMD Graphics - Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 Graphics.
- Oculus dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncing/wobbly on Oculus Quest 2 with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
- VCE presets may be in mixing in VEGAS Pro™ with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6600 Graphics.
- DaVinci Resolve™ Studio 17 may crash using AMD encoder on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.
- The latest AMD LINK Client for Windows can be downloaded through the Microsoft® App Store.
- Hybrid graphics support for Radeon™ Super Resolution is compatible with Radeon™ RX 5000 and 6000 series GPUs on AMD Ryzen™ 6000 series processor notebooks.
- HDR is no longer compatible with 10-Bit Pixel Format. For the best user experience with HDR displays, it is recommended to disable 10-Bit Pixel Format in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Graphics Settings.
Radeon Product Family Compatibility
Radeon RX 6000 Series Radeon RX 6000M Series Radeon RX Navi 5700/5600 Series Radeon VII Radeon RX 5500 Series RX 5300M (Notebook GPU) Radeon RX Vega Series AMD Radeon Pro Duo Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics AMD Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics