Intel's X299 platform is rumoured to be launching on May 30th

Intel's X299 platform is rumoured to be launching on May 30th

Intel's X299 platform is rumoured to be launching on May 30th

Intel's X299 platform is rumoured to be launching on May 30th

 
Intel's X299 platform is rumoured to be launching on May 30th during the company's keynote at Computex 2017, here Intel's senior vice president Navin Shenoy is expected to officially reveal the new platform. 
 
According to this new leak from Benchlife, Intel will not just be releasing new 6, 8 and 10 cores with Skylake X, but also a new 12-core model which is a 20% increase in max core count over Broadwell-E. 
 

  

Intel's X299 platform is rumoured to be launching on May 30th

 

 

Right now AMD is expected to release a high-end X399 platform to compete with Intel's high-end desktop platform, HEDT, which will allegedly include a 16-core model. This makes the idea of an Intel 12-core all the more tantalising, especially if it can achieve high clock speeds when overclocked. 

If AMD is indeed releasing a 16-core Ryzen CPU and Inter are releasing a 12-core Skylake-X CPU it would be very interesting to see how both CPUs compare, especially after overclocking. This also raises the question of how Intel will price this new 12-core model, as they can either use the same price as their current 10-core flagship or increase their pricing to even higher levels. 

  
Intel's X299 platform is rumoured to be launching on May 30th

 

You can join the discussion on Intel's Skylake-X Launch and potential 12-core CPU model on the OC3D Forums.

 

«Prev 1 2 Next»

Most Recent Comments

21-04-2017, 14:16:11

kilobravo
For once,they are cooked.But if their prices are like now,feel free to imagine.Quote

21-04-2017, 14:51:03

ImprovizoR
Rushing a platform because they're afraid of the competition, huh? It just makes me want to buy the product that wasn't rushed to release.Quote

21-04-2017, 16:13:50

TheF34RChannel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
Rushing a platform because they're afraid of the competition, huh? It just makes me want to buy the product that wasn't rushed to release.
They probably don't feel rushed by AMD at all, and AMD did rush Ryzen, FYI

They need to drastically lower their enthusiast platform prices though; they are far north of absurd already currently. For me it's the sole reason to stay well away from this product line.Quote

21-04-2017, 16:46:18

NeverBackDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
They probably don't feel rushed by AMD at all, and AMD did rush Ryzen, FYI

They need to drastically lower their enthusiast platform prices though; they are far north of absurd already currently. For me it's the sole reason to stay well away from this product line.
Ryzen wasn't rushed, however they did not give the motherboard manufacturers enough time, but then again most of them didn't think it would be a success, so both are at fault. I do see why people think it was though. AMD should definitely have helped them way in advance, and the companies should have taken it seriously

If Intel release these chips, the 1800x will get price drop, so an 8/16t CPU for even cheaper that'll still likely beat Intel in multi-threaded tasks, or match it.Quote

21-04-2017, 17:49:56

TheF34RChannel
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Ryzen wasn't rushed, however they did not give the motherboard manufacturers enough time, but then again most of them didn't think it would be a success, so both are at fault. I do see why people think it was though. AMD should definitely have helped them way in advance, and the companies should have taken it seriously

If Intel release these chips, the 1800x will get price drop, so an 8/16t CPU for even cheaper that'll still likely beat Intel in multi-threaded tasks, or match it.
Maybe it depends on how you look at it: they released a new microcode shortly after, which already had been in the works. Which to me makes its launch seem rushed. It doesn't matter though.

Indeed sir, spot on! Intel needs a reality check when it comes to their chip and chipset pricing - and they need to release high clocked 6/12 (at least) parts to their mainstream chipsets. Personally I've had enough of 4/8 core parts and it is therefor my hope that coffee lake indeed is more than an exclusive mobile part. *slaps head in anticipation of it needing a new socket, sigh*Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.