Aria Gladiator Juggernaut System Review
Last time we looked at a multi-card PC from Aria it was an HD2-K, based around Crossfire HD6870s and a i5-2500K. It provided very good value for money and performance.
Another year, and we have the Gladiator Juggernaut up for testing. Although the technologies have moved on, the ethos behind it is the same as the HD2-K. Take a good value Intel CPU, bolt two mid-range GPUs inside it, and get it out the door for just shy of £1300.
The recipe was worthy of our Gold Award last time, so we're excited to find out of the Juggernaut has the same success.
Looking through the list of parts that make up the Juggernaut, it's clear that the pricier GPUs have meant that a couple of other areas aren't quite up to the standard we'd expect from a 2012 machine. The i5-3570K is the replacement for the i5-2500K although here it's only at 4.2GHz. Of course that's plenty of horsepower for all but the most demanding users. The price difference between a 1600MHz kit and a 2133MHz one is small enough we'd have preferred to see the faster modules. But we're nit-picking.
However, the big show-stopping part that has led to those minor cuts is probably worth the admission fee. Two EVGA GTX660Ti's in SLI should hopefully give massive gaming heft, especially at the resolutions and image quality settings demanded by modern gamers.
All of this is wrapped up in the usual excellent Aria RTB warranty and technical support.
• Overclocking: Intel i5 professionally Overclocked up to 4.20GHz
• 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ (Ivy Bridge) i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor
• Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 Quiet CPU Cooler
• Graphics: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics in SLI - Supports DirectX 11
• 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 (4x4096) Memory
• 128GB OCZ Agility 4 SATA 6GB/s Solid State Drive
• 2TB 7200rpm SATA 6GB/s Hard Drive
• MSI™ Intel Z77 G45 Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard w/ SATA 6G & USB 3.0
• 630W 80PLUS Bronze Modular Power Supply
• Corsair Carbide 500R White Midi Tower Gaming Case
• DVD +/- RW Drive w/ m-Disk Support
- Pre-Built and shipped safely with ample packaging protection.
- Full 12 Month RTB Warranty - Hardware support included with your PC.
- Telephone technical support on call.
- Resource DVD(s) (Diagnostic & Drivers), periphery items and motherboard manual(s) provided.
- CPU Cooler Multi-socket bracket support included.
We can't wait to open the box and find out what the Juggernaut looks like. So let's move on and see what is in store.