Aria.co.uk Gladiator 1155 i5 4.4GHz Bundle
Overclocking your system has long been the most common modifications to perform. Who doesn't want extra performance for no cash outlay? Exactly.
However we know that not everyone necessarily has the confidence to give it a go. Partially because the old method of overclocking, common to every format prior to Socket 1155, was fairly complex and partially because the kind of people who can only afford the lower-end products haven't got the financial freedom to take the risks with their hardware.
Even though the Intel Socket 1155 is delightfully easy to overclock, it's understandable than with the silicon lottery and the time needed to make sure everything is working as it should, many people turn to a pre-overclocked system to get the extra performance without busting the bank.
Usually though a pre-overclocked system comes with an undesirable hefty price-bump. Today we're taking a look at a bundle that is based around the phenomenal Core i5-2500K and is delivered to you with a 4.4 GHz overclock and ready to roll, yet its CHEAPER than buying the bits separately and doing it yourself! Enter the Aria Gladiator P67 B3 4.4GHz bundle.
So what do you get for a penny shy of £330? Quite a bit actually. Obviously the processor is the star attraction. 4.4 GHz of Quad-Core goodness, backed up with a good value MSI motherboard. The RAM is slightly slower than we'd like to see, but for the money we can have no complaints at all. After all, this is about great value, and it's very easy to let performance desires creep up (i.e for an extra £10 I could have.. and for an extra £20 I could.. and before you know it you've spent 3 grand).
• Intel® Core™ i5-2500K (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor overclocked to 4.4 GHz
• 4GB Mushkin Silverline #996768 (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz 9-9-9-24
• MSI P67A-G45 Intel P67 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
• Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 High Performance CPU Cooler
• Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
• 1 Years RTB Warranty
• 4.40GHz Overclocked Quad Core CPU
• Intel® P67 Chipset
• 4GB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3
• 2x USB 3.0 Ports
• 8x USB 2.0 Ports
• 2x SATA III Ports
• 4x SATA II Ports
• 1x IEEE 1394a Port
• Gigabit LAN
• High Definition 8 Channel Audio CODEC
• Expansion slots: 2x PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots (dual x8/x8), 3x PCIe x1 Slots & 2x PCI Slots
So as you can see all of the bases are covered for a great underpinning to a system. Let's see how well it's built.