Seasonic M12 600w Modular PSU
Published: 8th November 2006 | Source: Seasonic | Price: |Conclusion
When it comes to performance, the M12 is one of the most stable units we've ever tested here at Overclock3D. Matched only by the likes of Zippy and PCP&C, the M12 managed 0% fluctuation across all of its +12v rails and only minimal fluctuation on the +3.3v rail. These excellent results are also complimented by the high efficiency of the M12, managing close to 84%.
Unfortunately the M12 isn't perfect and during our testing showed some issues with the design of the modular cabling system. This problem prevented us from utilising all of the modular cable connectors until we took the power supply apart and re-seated the backplane. It would be good to hear from Seasonic regarding this issue, as the fix we performed would not be feasible for the average user.
The Seasonic M12 is available in the UK for around £110 from Komplett.
• Perfect rail stability only seen on the top-end PSU's.
• High efficiency levels.
• Silent when idle or under medium load.
• All cables professionally sleeved.
• Problems with modular cable connector backplane.
• Noisy when placed under full load.
• Unable to plug in all provided modular cables.
• Price slightly higher than some other 600w modular units.
Thanks to Seasonic for providing this unit for review.
Discuss this review in our forums.