OCZ EliteXStream 1000w ATX PSU
Having reviewed more than our fair share of 1KW+ PSU's here at Overclock3D, the OCZ EliteXStream is most definitely one of our favourites. Combining excellent performance along with a compact size that ensures even those of us with small cases have enough juice to power a multi-gpu setup, the EliteXStream is without doubt one of the best PSU's OCZ have released to date.
Of course it would be rude to go though this conclusion without mentioning the influence that PC Power & Cooling have had on the EliteXStream. The single 80 amp +12v rail and and high-quality internal components are all typical of PCP&C unit, and the inclusion of a Chroma 8000 ATE test report just goes to show that every unit has been individually hand tested to both OCZ and PCP&C's high standards before leaving the factory.
Unfortunately we don't have a definite UK price for the EliteXStream as yet, so it's quite hard to give the unit a complete final score. However, OCZ have told us that the unit will be retailing in the USA for around $230 and have given us a preliminary figure of £115 for the UK market. If the unit does indeed hit UK stores at anywhere near this price, it is certainly set to cause quite a stir!
• Compact size ensures that the EliteXStream will fit into almost all cases.
• Extremely stable rails with no over-volting at 0% load.
• High quality components.
• Quiet and cool.
• Single, high-powered +12v rail.
• 5yr warranty with excellent tech support.
• Individually tested with result print-out included.
• Hopefully the price!
• 82% efficiency is good, but we've seen better.
• Cables not fully sleeved - spoils the look a bit.
Thanks to OCZ
for providing the EliteXStream for review. Discuss this review in our forums
Most Recent Comments