Cellshock PC3-14400 (DDR3-1800) 2GB DDR3 Kit
Cellshock have never failed to impress us yet and their latest PC3-14400 DDR3 kit is certainly no different. Managing to hit eyebrow-raising speeds of DDR3-1964 on slightly relaxed timing of 8-8-8-25 with only 1.8v, and run out-of-the box at stock settings with only 1.7v (and no additional tweaking), the Cellshock kit is among the best that we've tested so far.
The build quality of the modules is also exceptional, with the same high quality heatspreaders and thermal paste seen on their earlier DDR2 kits making a reappearance. It would have been nice to see Cellshock mark the release of their DDR3 kits with a different heatspreader colour (like the red PC2-9200
kit), but that's just me being overly picky.
As we've come to expect from Cellshock, the pricing of the modules is also very competitive, with the PC3-14400 kit being available from our friends over at Aqua-PC's
for around £260.
• Managed DDR3-1922 on stock timings and DDR3-1964 on slightly relaxed 8-8-8-25 timings.
• Worked perfectly out of the box with only 1.7v
• Cheaper than a lot of DDR3-1800+ kits on the market.
• High quality heatspreaders.
• Thermal paste used between memory and heatspreaders for maximum transfer of heat.
• Didn't like voltages higher than 1.8-1.85v
• Benchmark results just a tad lower than the Patriot kit used for comparison.
• Absolutely nothing!
Thanks to Cellshock
for providing the kit for review. Discuss this review in our forums
Most Recent Comments