Aeneon Xtune PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333) 2GB Kit
Being a memory kit that uses Qimonda's memory IC's rather than the "overclockers favourite" Micron D9, I was totally expecting to get to this part of the review and tell you about how the modules were no better than "average" in every respect. HOWEVER, (and yes that's a big one!) the Aeneon Xtune kit has totally taken me off guard by managing to reach speeds of DDR3-1700 on 1.85v with the timings relaxed to CAS9.
Unfortunately, after searching the internet extensively over the past few days we haven't been able to find a single retailer who stocks this particular kit. This makes it extremely hard to come to any kind of conclusion over whether the Xtune modules are actually good value for money, or simply a high-end memory kit downclocked to generate a bit of media excitement.
• Managed to clock all the way up to DDR3-1700 (a 22% overclock from stock).
• Rock solid operation at DDR3-1333 with only 1.5v
• Backed by a 10yr warranty.
• Didn't respond well to tightening timings.
• Performance deterioration over 1.85v
• Impossible to find anywhere that stocks it!
Thanks to Aeneon
for making this review possible. Discuss this review in our forums
Most Recent Comments