Keysonic ACK-612 RF Wireless Multimedia KeyboardConclusion
If Keysonic were aiming for convenience at a reasonable price when they designed the ACK-612 RF then they've certainly hit the nail right on the head. For around £30 you get a wireless keyboard and touch-pad combo that is compact, works straight out of the box and has a fairly decent range. Sure it may not have all the bells and whistles of wireless multimedia keyboards such as Logitech's DiNovo Edge, but at 1/3 of the price the ACK-612 RF gets the job done.
Features such as the rubberised casing and programmable hot-keys add further value to the keyboard, but in all honesty we'd personally like to see the Aluminium surround of the touch-pad removed. Sure it's nice to have some contrast and luxury to what could have otherwise been a very plasticy looking device, but mounting the touch-pad flush with the casing would have been a much better decision and the use of Aluminium on the left/right mouse keys only makes pressing them slightly more difficult.
In summary, the ACK-612 RF may not be perfect, but at £31.19 over at Play.com it still represents amazing value for money and deserves serious consideration for any HTPC setup.
- Compact layout makes it easy to store.
- Good battery life from what we've seen so far.
- Plug in and off you go. No drivers needed at all.
- Programmable hot-keys may be useful to some.
- Reasonable range, good enough for most households.
- Space bar can be slightly uncomfortable to press at times
- Recessed touch-pad is slightly too small and Aluminium mouse buttons can be hard to press.
Thanks to Keysonic for providing the ACK-612 RF for review. Discuss this review in our forums.