MSI GTX560Ti 448 Core Review

Test Setup, Overclocking and Temps

MSI GTX560Ti With 448 Cores Review

Test Setup

Identical to the Gigabyte setup, and if you've come straight to the MSI review then note that the standard GTX560Ti and GTX570 results have been retested with the current driver release for a more accurate comparison.

MSI GTX560Ti With 448 Cores
ForceWare 285.66
Intel Core-i7 950 @ 4GHz
Gigabyte G1 Assassin
Corsair AX1200W
6GB Mushkin Redline
Noctua NH-D14
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Overclocking

The MSI comes in a little faster than the Gigabyte at stock, but achieves the same overclock which should make for an interesting comparison.

MSI GTX560Ti With 448 Cores Review

Temperatures

The MSI is surprisingly cooler than both the Gigabyte card and standard GTX560Ti. It's quieter too.

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next»

Most Recent Comments

29-11-2011, 08:59:13

tinytomlogan


The second of the two cards we have on test today is from MSI. How does it stack up against the Gigabyte?

Continue Reading

29-11-2011, 09:11:32

silenthill
just buy a 570, please tell me what is Nvidia doing these days

29-11-2011, 09:29:19

yassarikhan786
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthill View Post

just buy a 570, please tell me what is Nvidia doing these days
That question needs to be directed at MSI and Gigabyte . Zotac have released a 560TI 448 as well.

29-11-2011, 09:35:43

SieB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post

That question needs to be directed at MSI and Gigabyte . Zotac have released a 560TI 448 as well.
Nvidia make the cards the different manufactures just buy them from Nvidia, slap an after market cooler on them and sometimes a custom PCB.

That question is definietly one for Nvidia.

29-11-2011, 09:39:54

yassarikhan786
Quote:
Originally Posted by SieB View Post

Nvidia make the cards the different manufactures just buy them from Nvidia, slap an after market cooler on them and sometimes a custom PCB.

That question is definietly one for Nvidia.
Ok . I just thought that the companies propose the ideas to Nvidia so they can make more money.

29-11-2011, 09:43:31

Lollipop
Why even bother? I mean jsut buy a 570 and you still get better performance.

29-11-2011, 09:50:11

SieB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post

Ok . I just thought that the companies propose the ideas to Nvidia so they can make more money.
Nvidia make the GPUs and make money from Gigabyte, MSI etc and they make their money from releasing different versions of the cards with their own custom PCB or cooler.

29-11-2011, 10:15:27

bladehawk
I know the video isn't up yet, so it might have the answer to my question but still.

just wanted to know why TTL just stopped at 800 Mhz cuz from what i saw on the hardwarecanucks review

they were able to get another 50-80 mhz on the default voltage and it was rock-stable, not to mention they said they could get up to 925Mhz with some tweaking ...

another lucky draw of the lottery?

29-11-2011, 10:43:28

yassarikhan786
Quote:
Originally Posted by SieB View Post

Nvidia make the GPUs and make money from Gigabyte, MSI etc and they make their money from releasing different versions of the cards with their own custom PCB or cooler.
Cool. Thanks for the clearing that up for me.

29-11-2011, 11:44:45

badtaylorx
im fairly sure that the marketing guys down at Nvidia wanted to avoid calling it a 565 like the plague.....think back to the gtx 465......you really want to be the successor to that P O S ???
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.