Gigabyte nVidia GTX780 SLI vs GTX Titan SLI Comparison

Gigabyte nVidia GTX780 SLI vs GTX Titan SLI Comparison 

Introduction

When we reviewed the GTX Titan we were left stunned by how much of a leap forward in performance it had. Then the GTX780 appeared and, frankly, we were left wondering why anybody would purchase a GTX Titan when nearly identical performance could be had from the GTX780. It was as if nVidia had made their own flagship card obsolete. 

However, we know that many people enjoy the sheer adulation that comes from owning such a premium piece of hardware. Indeed as many of those also prefer the amazing level of performance that can come from doubling up your cards in an SLI setup.

Which left us wondering. Is the GTX780 as outstanding in SLI as the GTX Titan SLI would be? What kind of performance could be had from such an expensive array of high-end cards?

With the British Summer finally appearing and us all being bathed in sunshine, the country feeling good because a Brit had finally won Wimbledon, then perhaps it’s time to continue the sunny theme with some performance guaranteed to make you feel good. So let’s test these two behemoths and see which of the two is the arrangement to have.

Test Setup

2x Gigabyte GTX780
2x Gigabyte GTX Titan
Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6GHz
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Corsair Dominator Platinum
Corsair AX1200i
Corsair Neutron GTX
Corsair H100i
Windows 7 x64  

Two cards always look gorgeous. There is just something about a pair that can’t be matched by the twin-GPU single card options. With the i7-3960X pushing the cards hard, this is very much a money-no-object system.

Two Gigabyte GTX780s at the bottom, and two Gigabyte GTX Titan’s at the top. We like the look of both the cards although the Titan is very understated for something that costs this much!

Gigabyte nVidia SLI Comparison     Gigabyte nVidia SLI Comparison  

Gigabyte nVidia SLI Comparison     Gigabyte nVidia SLI Comparison Â