ASUS ENGTX260 TOP 896MB (NVIDIA GTX260)

Quake 4 & Unreal Tournament III

Quake 4
 
Quake 4 is a game built on the Doom 3 engine. Benchmarking was performed using Quake4Bench and a custom timedemo recording. The benchmark was set to run a total of 5 times, with Quake4Bench automatically calculating an average result at the end of the run.
 
Quake 4 - FPS
 
Quake 4 - CPF
 
Very close results between the two GTX200 series cards yet again, with the GTX260 falling only 3FPS behind at 1900x1200 and 1280x1024 resolutions. This results in the GTX260 coming in as the 2nd best card on the CPF scale for performance vs cost, with the HD4850 predictably taking the gold.
 
 
Unreal Tournament 3
 
Unreal Tournament 3 is the highly anticipated game from Epic Games and Midway. The game uses the latest Unreal engine, which combines fast gameplay along with high quality textures and lighting effects. All benchmarks were performed using UTbench with a fly-by of the DM-BioHazard map. As usual, all benchmarks were performed 5 times, with the highest and lowest results being removed and an average calculated from the remaining three.
 
Unreal Tournament 3 - FPS
 
Unreal Tourmanet 3 - CPF
 
With both Unreal Tournament II and BIOSHOCK using the same UE3 engine, it's no surprise to see each of the cards used in this test managing to stay above 100FPS even at high resolutions. Looking first at the 1280x1024 results, we can see very little difference between the GTX260 and GTX280 - less than 5FPS in fact. The gap only widens once the resolution is bumped up to 1900x1200, with a 12FPS advantage being seen for the GTX280.
«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next»

Most Recent Comments

08-07-2008, 16:36:28

JN
"With a nice factory overclock and some cammo decals, how does thet ASUS ENGTX260 TOP compare to its bigger brother the GTX280"

http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/artic...125901312s.jpg

ASUS ENGTX260 TOP 896MB Review

08-07-2008, 16:49:32

Mr. Smith
Not bad, 280/260 still look lame compared to the gx2...

08-07-2008, 16:52:00

JN
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Mr. Smith'
Not bad, 280/260 still look lame compared to the gx2...
Yeah it still rules the roost. Not sure if you've seen recently though but they are dropping off retailers sites like dead flies.

08-07-2008, 16:55:08

Mr. Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
Yeah it still rules the roost. Not sure if you've seen recently though but they are dropping off retailers sites like dead flies.
Really? Not fussed, guess my resale value will be 1/4 of what I paid come '09 lol. If you hook me up with that 790 I might sli some for the craic... No. Resist. Well, for the right price, course I'd need a new psu too

Oh, nice to the point review!

Edit: Actually - I'm going to have to call you on the conclusion

While the GTX280 may still be the star of the show when it comes to performance

Now that just ain't true is it padre? GX2 is king

08-07-2008, 16:59:03

JN
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Mr. Smith'

Edit: Actually - I'm going to have to call you on the conclusion Now that just ain't true is it padre? GX2 is king
Give NVIDIA a call and ask them about the GX2...the response will be "WTF is a 9800GX2...we never made that. Look, check out (insert retailer), nothing there is there...eh...eh? Get with the times man and buy a GTX280 FTW!"

GX2 has been wiped off the face of the earth dude

08-07-2008, 17:07:25

Mr. Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
Give NVIDIA a call and ask them about the GX2...the response will be "WTF is a 9800GX2...we never made that. Look, check out (insert retailer), nothing there is there...eh...eh? Get with the times man and buy a GTX280 FTW!"

GX2 has been wiped off the face of the earth dude
Well, whatever. My Dad would batter your Dad so stfu nublet lmfao.

Look, you can't argue with your pretty graphs can you? GX2 outperforms the 280. I believe the word you are looking for is pwnt.

08-07-2008, 17:10:10

JN
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Mr. Smith'
Well, whatever. My Dad would batter your Dad so stfu nublet lmfao.

Look, you can't argue with your pretty graphs can you? GX2 outperforms the 280. I believe the word you are looking for is pwnt.
What type of batter are we talking about here? I've heard rumours that your dad is that way inclined.

08-07-2008, 17:14:11

Mr. Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
What type of batter are we talking about here? I've heard rumours that your dad is that way inclined.
That type. Lets face it, your dad loves being on the receiving end of bukkake, my dad enjoys ejaculating hence why they are good mates.

Prob best for both of us this conversation ends here? Lets just agree I'm right? Cool. nn

08-07-2008, 17:17:40

Toxcity
Woah, weird thread! <----- Was a weird thread.

Nice review Jimbo, not too bad a card.

I love my 9800Gx2. You can see why Nvidia wants it gone.. they were hopeing the GTX 280 would beat it. So really they shot themselves in the foot.

08-07-2008, 17:20:34

JN
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Toxcity'
Woah, weird thread! <----- Was a weird thread.

Nice review Jimbo, not too bad a card.
Yeah...cleaning up Smithy's mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Toxcity'

I love my 9800Gx2. You can see why Nvidia wants it gone.. they were hopeing the GTX 280 would beat it. So really they shot themselves in the foot.
Yeah deffo.

08-07-2008, 17:26:00

Mr. Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
Yeah...cleaning up Smithy's mess

Yeah deffo.
LOL! Jim you love it! Tox you do too... It's interesting nvidia are getting rid of the gx2... When more dx10 titles appear will the 280 then show its strength or is it a bit of a flop? You need to run more dx10 titles in future Mr. Napier. Now I really must go!

08-07-2008, 17:40:33

FarFarAway
Not keen on Nvidia this round really, the HD4850 is king of price performance but I want to see how the HD4870 does versus

08-07-2008, 17:50:51

w3bbo
I got a couple on the way next week (crosses fingers). Would still prefer to have the GX2's in Quad SLI - that setup just looked the dogs danglies tbh.

Gr8 review Jim as always.
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.