Gigabyte G1.Sniper A88X FM2 Review

PC Mark

Gigabyte G1.Sniper A88X Review

PC Mark

A bad motherboard can restrict the smooth running of your components, just as a great one becomes more transparent in the process. The G1.Sniper A88X is fantastic, as demonstrated by the excellent PC Mark scores, both in the Vantage and 7 versions of the benchmark. The better memory performance is particularly highlighted in the PC Mark 7 benchmark which sees the Sniper get extremely close to the i3-3220 setup.

Vantage

PC Mark 7

 

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next»

Most Recent Comments

27-11-2013, 04:16:55

tinytomlogan
http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/artic...114414642l.jpg

Gigabyte have applied their excellent Sniper technology to the FM2 A88X chipset. How does it perform?


Continue Reading

27-11-2013, 04:33:00

Tripp
great review guv

27-11-2013, 05:16:26

barnsley
Finally a decent OC motherboard for FM2 sockets!. Kinda tempted to get this and a 750k and see how far I can OC it.

27-11-2013, 05:17:14

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Finally a decent OC motherboard for FM2 sockets!. Kinda tempted to get this and a 750k and see how far I can OC it.

Have to admit I asked their PR company for one

27-11-2013, 05:31:45

barnsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Have to admit I asked their PR company for one
I imagine without the gpu bit you'd be able to get much higher clocks etc. than with an OC'd A10. Here's a challenge, make a budget super OC rig. Also, try and make it look fantastic

27-11-2013, 05:32:44

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
I imagine without the gpu bit you'd be able to get much higher clocks etc. than with an OC'd A10. Here's a challenge, make a budget super OC rig. Also, try and make it look fantastic
All about time matey - I have lots of other products that need doing lol

27-11-2013, 05:35:04

Tripp
one question will this work with kaveri and hsa? i ask because i am going to build my brother, an console killer (drag him across to the darkside) when kaveri drops

27-11-2013, 05:36:04

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
one question will this work with kaveri and hsa? i ask because i am going to build my brother, an console killer (drag him across to the darkside) when kaveri drops
We dont know yet dude

27-11-2013, 05:45:58

Tripp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
We dont know yet dude
ah ok guv

27-11-2013, 07:20:48

barnsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
All about time matey - I have lots of other products that need doing lol
Add it to the 'to-do' list guv! Please, I need to not buy another computer ;-;.

01-12-2013, 13:30:30

hoxlund
all the fm2+ mobos support kaveri

I have this current setup - http://pcpartpicker.com/user/hoxlund/saved/1laq

Bios is f8a and I've tried f7

the motherboard won't run all 32gb of memory, the bios recognizes 4 sticks of 8gb but only allows 16gb. what the hell man?

I spent lots of money on this ram and its only utilizing half

any ideas?

27-01-2014, 03:04:27

cooperman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoxlund View Post
I have this current setup - http://pcpartpicker.com/user/hoxlund/saved/1laq

Bios is f8a and I've tried f7

the motherboard won't run all 32gb of memory, the bios recognizes 4 sticks of 8gb but only allows 16gb. what the hell man?

I spent lots of money on this ram and its only utilizing half

any ideas?
What vershon of windows are you running? some vershons limit the amount of ram you can use.

(64bit vershons)
Windows 7 Home Premiuem (16gbs max)
Windows 7 Home Basic ( 8gbs max )
Windows 7 Professional and up ( 192gbs max )

27-01-2014, 03:14:48

hoxlund
yeah im familar with windows limitations with ram, windows 7 x64 ultimate

but the thing is the bios shows all four 8gb sticks installed but will for the enabled size it only has 2 sticks

took a screenshot of the M.I.T. screen showing all the speeds and frequencies and dimm slot information

http://imgur.com/tFSKn4z.jpg

27-01-2014, 03:21:28

cooperman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoxlund View Post
yeah im familar with windows limitations with ram, windows 7 x64 ultimate

but the thing is the bios shows all four 8gb sticks installed but will for the enabled size it only has 2 sticks

took a screenshot of the M.I.T. screen showing all the speeds and frequencies and dimm slot information
Try droping the ram speeds down to 1600 reboot and see if it picks up 32gbs.

27-01-2014, 05:44:22

hoxlund
i can try it. right now I put 4x4GB sticks of corsair vengeance ddr 1600. all 16gb is enabled and usable in windows. I'll let you know how it goes with the ddr2400 memory

27-01-2014, 06:19:49

hoxlund
Didn't work. went to 1600 and 1333. Still only showed 16gb enabled and usable. All the timings match the memory exactly too.

I think this is a question for gigabyte
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.