ASUS Maximus VII Hero Review

Unigine Valley

ASUS Maximus VII Hero Preview

Unigine Valley

We started today's review off with the Maximus VII Hero proving itself a monster in the 3D Benchmarks, so it is fitting that we end the same way. We've often spoken about the brutal consistency of Unigine and how a tenth of a frame is something worth commenting upon, so 3 and 2 frames per second are unquestionably a massive improvement.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero Review  

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next»

Most Recent Comments

12-05-2014, 08:56:50

tinytomlogan
http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/artic...143657967l.jpg

The first of the Z97 ROG boards is the Maximus VII Hero. An affordable Z97 option with all the ROG bells and whistles. How does it perform?


Continue Reading

12-05-2014, 10:15:58

Wraithguard
Oww snap 5Ghz!!? Great review & nice solid pricing.

Cracking board.... your move Gigabyte..

12-05-2014, 10:25:31

RickPlaysWarr
Love it, Thank you so much for the review Tom. I have mine and am starting on the build. I really hope you get to M.2 reviews soon. The thought of a self contained bootable system that performs great is a big one for me. After seeing this review, I need to buy some better memory than I have to do this board justice.

12-05-2014, 10:25:34

krew
i just wish there would be at least one sata express ;(

12-05-2014, 10:26:31

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPlaysWarr View Post
Love it, Thank you so much for the review Tom. I have mine and am starting on the build. I really hope you get to M.2 reviews soon. The thought of a self contained bootable system that performs great is a big one for me. After seeing this review, I need to buy some better memory than I have to do this board justice.
Its VERY CPU limited too though matey - Id advise 2400mhz tbh

12-05-2014, 11:04:18

Dicehunter
Not to sound like an arse but isn't your 4770K the cherry picked one ?

12-05-2014, 11:07:57

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Not to sound like an arse but isn't your 4770K the cherry picked one ?
'the' no mate. I just won the silicone lottery

12-05-2014, 11:19:28

Dicehunter
Ahh cooleo, Still I'm going to stay with what I have for this year, I'll happily wait for 5770K or what ever they decide to call it, I want a LARGE jump in performance so another gen or 2 wait for me

12-05-2014, 11:47:13

Rory.Will
Great stuff, nice review Tom. Loving the new camera too, the detail is nice and focussed

Just to speculate how do you think the VII Gene will perform compared to this??
Planning an MATX build with the VI Gene at the moment but wondering whether to get the Z97 board with a Haswell CPU and just upgrade later?

Was planning on using my 16GB Dominator Platinum memory too but it's the 1600mhz sticks. Would you recommend higher??

12-05-2014, 12:06:31

MaddenShadow
That was a great video review. Probably among the best so far!

12-05-2014, 12:16:02

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory.Will View Post
Great stuff, nice review Tom. Loving the new camera too, the detail is nice and focussed

Just to speculate how do you think the VII Gene will perform compared to this??
Planning an MATX build with the VI Gene at the moment but wondering whether to get the Z97 board with a Haswell CPU and just upgrade later?

Was planning on using my 16GB Dominator Platinum memory too but it's the 1600mhz sticks. Would you recommend higher??

Not really going to get into that, its only ever going to be a guess....

12-05-2014, 12:26:04

Rory.Will
Fair enough man, I'll just wait for release.

Reading it again, it was a bit of a loaded question to ask you lol. Just got the cogs turning after watching the Hero review, made Z97 allot more exciting.

I'll wait for the reviews.

12-05-2014, 14:10:07

SieB
Well it definitely looks better than the gold boards, still don't like the heatsinks on this either though

Still a good motherboard with good performance, we just need to see what the Devils Canyon chips are like on these Z97 boards.

12-05-2014, 14:11:15

Cru
looks like a great board. hopefully the hero 8 will be similar/better as i can't see me upgrading to z97

12-05-2014, 16:38:25

Dicehunter
Tom that card in your rig in the video, Are you purposely staying focused on it ? You git ! , Oh well only another 2-3 weeks

12-05-2014, 16:39:30

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Tom that card in your rig in the video, You git ! , Oh well only another 2-3 weeks.

Ive got two

12-05-2014, 16:43:55

Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Ive got two
I'll swap you my pre-order ? j/k j/k

12-05-2014, 16:57:34

Wraithguard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Tom that card in your rig in the video, Are you purposely staying focused on it ? You git ! , Oh well only another 2-3 weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Ive got two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I'll swap you my pre-order ? j/k j/k
It's just been one long giggle on here today, certainly has made a long dull day very bright indeed.

12-05-2014, 19:00:39

Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
It's just been one long giggle on here today, certainly has made a long dull day very bright indeed.
Tomorrows front page OC3D news from Tom "I'm missing a Matrix card and I think I know who it is, He left a note saying "You can have my pre-order when it arrives lolroflcopter"

13-05-2014, 00:55:19

Sypherian
WOW!! an impressive OC, ASUS certainly aren't messing around I'm still a bit intrigued to see what Gigabyte brings to the game but gotta say I'm already sold .

15-05-2014, 19:41:05

Daumier
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Not really going to get into that, its only ever going to be a guess....

Hopefully a VII Gene review ain't far off...

16-05-2014, 05:14:11

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daumier View Post
Hopefully a VII Gene review ain't far off...
I dont have one yet so its weeks at best

03-06-2014, 07:37:41

Xyon93
Any idea when you'll get a chance to review the Ranger Tom?
Would love to see how it stacks up against its older brother, need to decide whether the extra 30 is worth it as my build is on a fairly tight budget! Thanks
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.