Asus Blitz Extreme P35 Socket 775 Motherboard
Published: 16th August 2007 | Source: Asus | Price: |Conclusion
Asus have taken all the best qualities from their previous motherboards, combined it with feedback from enthusiasts and come out with a product that satisfies on every level. Not only is the Asus Blitz packed to the brim with features like Fusion water cooling, Voltiminder LED, Crosslinx and LCD Poster but the board performs like an absolute gem too.
In addition to this, the Blitz Extreme will have even the most hardcore overclockers beaming from ear to ear. With a BIOS that's jam packed with features and an insane range of voltages options, the Blitz is designed to help you get out every ounce of performance from you hardware without being overly complicated.
Priced at £150-160 on most websites, the Blitz Extreme may not be the cheapest P35 based motherboard available - but you certainly get what you pay for. With the wealth features and excellent overclocking abilities of the board, it's worth every penny!
• Sexy looking board with no stupid colour schemes.
• Supports Crossfire in x8 x8 configuration (rather than x16 x4 on other P35 boards).
• Decent quality add-in sound card.
• Wide range of voltages in BIOS (including some insane ones!).
• Ability to save BIOS settings.
• Decent performance, especially in memory benchmarks.
• Great layout, and handy features such as 3-in-1 Q-Connectors and right-angle SATA connectors.
• Good package including a full version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R, plenty of cables and a diagnostic LCD display.
• Fusion water block system for keeping Northbridge, Southbridge, Crosslinx and Mosfets cool.
• Running Crossfire will more than likely only leave you with one PCI slot!
• Cannot be run without water cooling connected to the Fusion block.
• Nothing to report.