Lian Li PC-V1000b Plus
The computer case market is a fairly saturated one. Over the years manufacturers produce case after case, improving and re-tuning existing models, without old ones really becoming obsolete. At one end of the scale there is a large demand for cheap cases for nothing but serving as a means of mounting hardware, at the other end there is a demand for skillfully engineered, carefully designed and stylish cases. A demand that has for a long time been met by Lian Li, one of the leading companies in the field of high end case production.
Lian Li cases have never been over the top, feature packed or garish things. The name of the game is minimalism, obtaining maximum functionality while maintaining subtle looks and easy to work with design. This may sound simple but only one or two companies actually manage to pull it off.
Extract from Lian Li's About Us page:
Lian Li have in past years produces some outstanding cases, some of which have achieved near legendary status among enthusiasts and modding fans. They have produced awesome server towers, sleek compact cases and ultra cool designs (literally) the later is more where todays review sample falls. The PC-V1000b Plus is an all aluminium construction designed with the same attention to detail as all Lian Li's cases to be as cool and aerated as possible.
That certainly does sum up the looks of the case for me. Its unique styling does have quite an feel of functionality to it, ventilation being the most obvious function.
Device Accomodation: 5x5.25\", 6x3.5\" internal(removable HDD brackets), 1 x 5.25\" to 3.5\" converter with a FDD bezel , 1x CD-ROM bezel
Fan: 12cm ball bearing fan x 2, 12 cm patent removable cooling kit x 1, Air duct for CPU x 1, Air cover for PSU fan x 1
M/B Type: ATX M/B (max size: 12"x9.6")
Front I/O : USB2.0 x 2, IEEE1394 x 1, MIC x 1, EAR x 1
Dimensions: 210 x 490 x 525 mm (W,H,D)
Net Weight: 8Kg/10Kg
PCI Slots: Slot x 7
Dim. of M/B area: 180 x 327 x 260 (W,H,D)
Dim. of PSU area: 151 x 87 x 150 (W,H,D
1. Aluminum casters with brake make it easier for carrying
2. Front put 12cm ball bearing fan with filter easy for cleaning
3. Plus II version added with patent adjustable cooling kit helps to exhaust the heat from the VGA card effectively
4. 12cm ball bearing fan with air duct at the back panel inhale the cold air directly to the CPU cooler
5. Patent assembling HDD module easy for installation
6. Multi-ventilator design provides a best exhaust effect
7. Compartment design for the HD, PSU and CPU
8. Multi-ventilator design for the front panel with arc edge is a very classical production
While somewhat useful, specifications dont really do much in terms of getting a feel for the case so next we will take a look at the package as a whole.