Cubitek Mini Cube Case Review

Conclusion

Cubitek Mini Cube Case Review  



Conclusion

The Cubitek Mini Cube is one of those rare cases that dare to be different and succeed. One of the first things we picked up on was the build quality, which is fantastic. Whilst it may be a little off the standards of Lian Li, it isnt too far away and with a few small changes - Lian Li would be in for a fight.

The aluminium construction looks fantastic, the brushed black exterior is a pleasure to gaze upon. Granted it is a little bit of a fingerprint magnet, but that isn't something we will hold against Cubitek as it's usually the case with aluminium products. On the flip side of that, it's incredibly lightweight which means for those who are looking to cram it to the max with powerful components, can relocate it will ease - which means it could be a favourite for LAN parties.

Inside the case is interesting to say the least, whilst it does serve its purpose and Cubitek have been very clever with its design, we thought the exclusion of any case fan to speak of was a little bold. With most mainstream cases coming with at least one 120mm fan - even at the lowest price bracket, this was an odd move for them not to include a single 90mm fan. However, Cubitek have redeemed themselves somewhat by being the first in the market to support 'real' cable management. For most users, the low power systems that are usually put together in these type of cases won't be too concerned with temperatures as generally the components won't get too warm.
This may be a reason to why Cubitek decided not to include a stock case fan - with decent cable management, the natural flow of air should be enough to keep things reasonably cool and warm air should naturally rise towards the top of the case.

With USB 3.0 support, clever and innovative design, cable management and a very stylish exterior, it was easy to award the Cubitek Mini Cube a well deserved Gold award. The pricing score has been left at 0 because at the time of writing no retailers have an ETA for stock arrival or any idea about pricing.




Thanks to Cubitek for sending us the sample in for review so early, you can discuss your thoughts in the OC3D Forums.

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next»

Most Recent Comments

04-03-2013, 07:53:30

tinytomlogan
Today we will be looking at the Cubitek Mini Cube. A case that promises big things from a small package. OC3D take a look inside and see what the Mini Cube has to offer.

http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/artic...125502306l.jpg


Continue Reading

04-03-2013, 08:00:14

paulstung
Ok , but iv'e been curious about the Magic cube .

04-03-2013, 09:10:55

F-alienware
Hmm. How can you rate a case without testing the cooling? Surely it needs a PC built into it and compared against other cases?

From what I can see it has hardly any cooling at all meaning it's just going to be a hot box.

Bit of a disappointing review really. Didn't even fit a GPU to it.

04-03-2013, 09:29:18

Greenback
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Hmm. How can you rate a case without testing the cooling? Surely it needs a PC built into it and compared against other cases?

From what I can see it has hardly any cooling at all meaning it's just going to be a hot box.

Bit of a disappointing review really. Didn't even fit a GPU to it.
in the conclusion

"For most users, the low power systems that are usually put together in these type of cases won't be too concerned with temperatures as generally the components won't get too warm"

04-03-2013, 09:41:03

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Hmm. How can you rate a case without testing the cooling? Surely it needs a PC built into it and compared against other cases?

From what I can see it has hardly any cooling at all meaning it's just going to be a hot box.

Bit of a disappointing review really. Didn't even fit a GPU to it.

Very seldomly do we with ITX mate. Other than do they fit. lol

We would have to change the board to a better one to do any decent heat temps. Unless we get sent one that stays Im not buying anything.

04-03-2013, 09:55:03

FTR.4500MHz
I really like this little case!

And if cooling wise it might not have the best options you can always mod some intake/exhaust fans into it...

Otherwise nice review as usual.

Cheers.

04-03-2013, 10:12:03

F-alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Very seldomly do we with ITX mate. Other than do they fit. lol

We would have to change the board to a better one to do any decent heat temps. Unless we get sent one that stays Im not buying anything.
Yeah that makes sense. Problem is loads of people are moving to ITX now for powerful overclocked rigs.

I guess this case would be pretty useless for that. Quite surprised you've not been sent a ITX board for review though given that there are quite a few around now (Giga and Asrock make loads).

I went to PC world (gob spit) the other week and PCs are most definitely shrinking. The PC section looked completely pathetic.

04-03-2013, 10:31:30

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah that makes sense. Problem is loads of people are moving to ITX now for powerful overclocked rigs.

I guess this case would be pretty useless for that. Quite surprised you've not been sent a ITX board for review though given that there are quite a few around now (Giga and Asrock make loads).

I went to PC world (gob spit) the other week and PCs are most definitely shrinking. The PC section looked completely pathetic.

Most review stuff is on rotation. We have not done much ITX for a while anyways. Most ITX stuff is generally low power low heat.

Its still a tiny market for enthusiasts and something we will get too but ATM Im not sending Ian a high end cpu and gpu to use 3 times a year. Makes no business sense at all. Especially as Haswell is out in a few months.....

Need to think business matey

04-03-2013, 10:45:50

F-alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Most review stuff is on rotation. We have not done much ITX for a while anyways. Most ITX stuff is generally low power low heat.

Its still a tiny market for enthusiasts and something we will get too but ATM Im not sending Ian a high end cpu and gpu to use 3 times a year. Makes no business sense at all. Especially as Haswell is out in a few months.....

Need to think business matey
Fair enough.

04-04-2013, 04:03:03

Vlada011
Nice Little Case.
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.